Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default A.I.G. Insurance...

I have been a customer of A.I.G. for almost 4 years now. I have had multiple cars insured with them including my '66 and '67 Bonnevilles. Keeping that in mind, now that I have my '78 T/A streetable I called today to put the car on my policy. The guy I talked to took all of my information, VIN etc.... and asked me if it was a "Show Car". I said not now but I plan on it being one within the next year or so. He almost asked me it as if he was just making conversation. He puts me on hold the comes back and says they cannot insure the car because It will be (in the distant future) a show car. I asked him how they had my older Bonnevilles insured? No response, just an "Im Sorry". What a bunch of crap. 4 years with no claims ever, and they pull this crap? I have gotten the run around with them before over them not posting payments and my policy getting mysteriously canceled, and even though those were huge pains it got resolved. I mean this is just plain stupid. If you are considering insurance I would stay away.. I don't want to put classic vehicle insurance on it as I plan on driving it fairly regularly until I do the paint and interior in it.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Condon Skelly- $115 per year for a $10K value. Drive it all you want. They say 2,500 miles per year max, but they never seem to pay attention to that at renewal time.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Condon Skelly- $115 per year for a $10K value. Drive it all you want. They say 2,500 miles per year max, but they never seem to pay attention to that at renewal time.
Yes but will they pay attention come claim time?

Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All he is trying to do is get insurance to get his registration. To Joe, that car is probably worth more in parts than whole.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had Haggerty for years and they have never asked for the mileage on any of my cars. I don't know if they have any mileage limits or not, but even if they do how could they enforce them if they don't know the current mileage on your car?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Senior Chief

Try ANPAC they have classic car policies like haggerty and 7500 miles a year or possibly more

CURRENT CARS
68 Firbird 400ci convertible
Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 AM

Joe, as in insurance agent myself, I am amazed that you have had multiple problems with payment postings, if it happened once that is too many, somethings wrong there, the only way I can see that happen is if the person doing the posting puts a wrong policy # in the computer, but even then, it should have your name as well and at the end of the day their balancing would be off and they would catch it, I'd find a new agent.
I'm not soliting business, we write commercial ins. only, that would just scare me.
I'm with Grundy for mine, the less restrictions the better, they have no mileage restrictions and say they want you to drive it more than just to shows and such, just not to work. And on the mileage thing, I am sure they asked you on your application what the mileage is on your car, they all do, even the regular auto policies.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guys, I'll check into all of those. I think the way they enforce the mileage issue on some policies is like said above, they don't want you driving them to work. When it will bite you in the ass is when someone hits you at 7am on a Tuesday morning and they ask you what car show you were driving at that time.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Senior Chief

I have 3 cars through Haggerty. Fast, no hassle service, no mistakes and a decent quarterly magazine. You can do everything on-line if you prefer.