Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM

I'm locking this thread as it's going nowhere good in a hurry.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

I just wanted to add my .02 on this before we leave it closed. Ron, I think you're a little frustrated and directing your anger in the wrong direction. Then everybody jumps in and starts talking about legal action and attorney generals and what not. You'd think the guy has been stealing money from the government for the Soviet Union since the cold war. From what I read, it's not a lot of money here. :(

Milt has had his share of problems over the years but the guy is pushing 80 years old, Do you guys really believe he is in this to make a killing? He's got no real money and I believe finding the best way he can to enjoy his later years around the hobby he loves. Is he maybe expecting more than what he deserves? Maybe. But if he makes a few bucks on these cars, I don't think it's a big deal. I think all of us that participated are probably a little light in the pocket on these projects. However, we should all be aware that Milt doesn't have the funds to put together anything near a 60k restoration and that extending credit of decent amount of money is not a wise business decision. I think most of the problems with these type of deals is that everything is done on a handshake and nothing gets documented. Then 6 months or a year later and everybody seems to have different expectations of who owes who what. Milt is certainly not an accountant and he certainly isn't keeping quality records of all these side deals. If you feel he owes you some money, talk to him and try and work something out but the problem started when there wasn't documentation of the expectations on both ends. We supplied some of the parts for free on that car and he paid for most at a discount. Our thoughts were that the cars he's decided to do, help promote us and the hobby and that helps us in the long run. At any time during these projects I felt he wasn't holding his end of the bargain, I simply told him that. Business transactions that have long periods of silence or lack of 'cards on the table' usually go bad. Since he has no money, you'll probably have to wait in line until he sells the car.

Ron, it sounds like the only person you should be mad at is yourself for getting involved and I think you owe Doug and Paul an appology for implicating them at all.

Last edited by Ccass; 06-09-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Closed Thread