Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not giving you an itemized list of the services performed ? That DONT SOUND GOOD ! Maybe without the list he's covering his butt for any future lawsuits.
As for the chips he says you left (If you did) it takes less time to hit 'em with a air nozzle then to b!tch about it.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.

Last edited by 455Grandville; 08-17-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

Injuntom___
He told that story @ the POCI conv. WE (the H-O we) have long advocated filtering all the oil that goes to the engine by means of blocking off the filter housing bypass. We also warned customers that a high burst rated filter is necessary and that the oil pressure gauge be plugged in @ the top of the block so that actual main gallery oil pressue can be monitored for signs of filter clogging, internal collapse,or other problems. This is a good idea even if you use a stock filter housing. Many will remember that we sold the Lee dual stage filter to be used with the blocked bypass housing for this very reason.The Lee was rated @ 500psi and had internal course and fine filters so that the engine would always get filtered oil. When Lee discontinued the "Maxi 500" we had many terrified customers on our hands and some had used normal filters while performing oil changes and promptly blown them off! I researched various filters and made some messes in the shop, but found that the Fram HP-2 would hold up to both a cold start (I witnessed a cold start 230psi !) and high RPM (The bypass will start to open @ about 4K RPM, depending on viscosity). To this day I use the Fram HP series on my build ups. BTW H-O was not and is not the only co. that recommends full, non bypassed oil flow. Many engine builders offer this same advice.In fact I've seen this mod recently performed with Olds ,Buick, Mopar, and Chevy build ups. I'm not sure if everyone knows that the oil pump pick-up screen will relieve itself if the screen gets clogged, allowing pieces as large as the pickup tube i.d. to get in the engine! Now what exactly is wrong with filtering all of the oil??

Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to "Puddles the Pontiac"

hey Ken, seen you were part of the "Junkyard Jewel Pontiac" build up in Hot Rod. congrats, i'd like a chance to meet Marlan Davis one day. good job on the carb.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to mention that as soon as you install a remote oil filter, you have no bypass function. How many of us have successfully run a remote filter and never considered this? If you haven't had problems with the filter on the remote unit, there's no reason to think you would have problems not having the bypass on the stock unit. I always thought that Pontiac created the bypass for those that never changed filters, and it would maintain some semblance of oiling even with a filter clogged solid. So if you don't plan on changing your filter when necessary, don't block off the bypass or run a remote filter.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

on speedtalk said party is talking about another deal gone bad and more problems in california. believe it is on the thread "pirates of the internal combustion engine." by Darin Morgan.

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior Chief

Has anybody noticed that Fulper has started to appear in Car Craft again? Page 45 of the November 2006 issue, under the heading 500HP Engine Combos. His name used to appear all the time in CC in the late 90's and then all of a sudden it stopped. Now he's back?

There are so many other talented individuals at building pontiac engines, how does this yutz keep appearing in the magazines.

Personally I have had two freinds screwed by Fulper on parts they ordered from him, I will not use him, and I encourage members of this board to write car craft magazine and tell them not to use him either.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I doubt if any of the magazines take the time to investigate the best source of information for their articles. They most likely use their advertisers or choose the ones who make the most noise.

George

Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i didn't notice his article in CC. or that he was even in business.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski
I doubt if any of the magazines take the time to investigate the best source of information for their articles. They most likely use their advertisers or choose the ones who make the most noise.

George

I remember when he disappeared the first time from the mags - I'm pretty sure it was because people had written in to the magazine and complained because I remember reading the letters section and reading letters about it.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Another RRE nightmare

I've been helping a friend work on a 400 re-built and supposedly dyno tested by RRE, engine has a total of 5 minutes run time since installed. Cylinders 1.3.5 and 7 are full of water, bad (Brand New) E heads, performer RPM. Independent shop confirmed the head was trash. How did the get a good dyno?
I wouldn't trust them to put air in my tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bill H; 09-20-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Just a question to the moderators.

I have a question. Why is this post kept open with remarks not in reference to R & R Engineering issues while others are closed???

Old 01-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE
I have a question. Why is this post kept open with remarks not in reference to R & R Engineering issues while others are closed???
Because if we close it, 20 more would get started. I know I have personally deleted probably hundreds of replies in regard to BF because they were inapropriate, 2nd hand, inuendo etc. And I am not a BF fan. However, it would be a full time job to keep up. If someone see's a post that doesn't seem to meet the Forums policies, there's that little 'report post' you can use. It's very helpful if the members contribute toward monitoring the forums.

Actually, this topic is more in line with forums etiquite than many others. Members should fully 'search' for topic material and then reply in an existing topic before starting a new topic. If everyone did this, we'd have about 100,000 less topics and the forums would be much faster, easier to find answers and CHEAPER! :).

Old 10-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I decided not to go with them 6 month ago even before finding these posts.
I don't know that much about engine building (just enough to get into trouble) but what they were promising was too good to be true.

Original 1977 Firebird / Welded tube frame connectors
TH350 with shift kit / 400 bored/stroked to 455 by PDude
OCD=Waxing and polishing your oil filter
SICK=wetsanding your exhaust pipe
Old 11-22-2007, 08:29 AM

In "hopping up" my Goat, I considered RRE. I talked to BF a couple of times and came away with the conclusion that I had never witnessed such arrogance from someone in my life. It was like he was the Savior in the performance business and everybody else were idiots.
I went with Butler Performance and every thing I bought from them was perfect.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Linebarger
In "hopping up" my Goat, I considered RRE. I talked to BF a couple of times and came away with the conclusion that I had never witnessed such arrogance from someone in my life. It was like he was the Savior in the performance business and everybody else were idiots.
I went with Butler Performance and every thing I bought from them was perfect.

LOL! I felt the same way, but we were emailing each other. TOTAL @SS!

I had no problems with Butler Performance also, with the few item I bought from them.

1971 bonneville hearse 455/4
1972 grand safari wagon 6 pass 455/4
1995 Firebird Formula 5.7 convertible
2002 gp 40th anniv. SC V6
2003 gmc sierra 2500hd 8.1 liter

***LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/GratefulParts***

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GRATEFUL...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Old 11-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Default true

I should correct my message about talking to BF. I never talked to him because he would never return my calls. All communication was via email. When someone comes across as arrogant as BF does thru emal, then that is pretty bad.
As for Butler, they are tops. When I call them, I usually talk to Jim Butler himself.
They custom ground me a cam. A full hyd. roller. They set me up with RA allum. heads and a TCI turbo 400 transmission with a 2,800 rpm flash stall.
Their delivery is fast and all parts are included. Nothing is ever overlooked or left out.
I highly recommend Butler. I see now why Chip Foose uses Butler anytime he has a Pontiac project.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Default New to the group, but confused

I have spent the last hour reading all the information about Bruce Fulper. It appears that many of you have had problems with him. Some of the problems seem a little hokie or made up but who knows. I am from Tennessee and have been looking for some work on our Beat the Heat car. I have sent several emails to Fulper and even spoke to him a couple of times. I haven't given him a dollar and he has provided me with several good alteratives to our problems. And so far for free. That is more than I can say for the rest of the other big builders in my area. I, too have lost an engine lately due internal problems and need some advise. I don't have 20k to throw away, just looking for some advise....

Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninmywheels
I have spent the last hour reading all the information about Bruce Fulper. It appears that many of you have had problems with him. Some of the problems seem a little hokie or made up but who knows. I am from Tennessee and have been looking for some work on our Beat the Heat car. I have sent several emails to Fulper and even spoke to him a couple of times. I haven't given him a dollar and he has provided me with several good alteratives to our problems. And so far for free. That is more than I can say for the rest of the other big builders in my area. I, too have lost an engine lately due internal problems and need some advise. I don't have 20k to throw away, just looking for some advise....
whatever about this post you are mentally blocking - DON'T!
He likely has TIME to talk and give advise because he's not building anything!
If Butler, P-Dude, SD Performance, KRE, Spotts...if any have a bad day or are hard to reach - it's worth your time to wait for their help.They are busy for a reason.
Stay away from RRE and you'll have that much less chance of any unexplained failure.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninmywheels
If you've read all this, you can't say you're not an informed buyer. Good luck with your new engine!

I dealt with RRE about 12 years ago, and did not have a bad experience; my comments are posted somewhere in this thread.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bulter's practically in your back yard.
Thier one of the oldest and best with Pontiac's.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Closed Thread