Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by limejudge69
I think I got sick listening to that...........

Bob, play nice in the sand box.

Jason, just watch out for Bob when you are in his sand box.

SDD

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Hawk397

Nope, still got her - don't know if I could really do it!

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwinkles

Mark - you ever sell yours?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ha, the Carpenters!
Now thats some good friday humor for sure!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I couldn't help myself! When I saw the post about the guy running into the mechanic who worked on Richard Carpenter's cars, I had to do it. For the younger crowd, the Carpenters were a brother and sister singing duo who were popular in the 70's. They were a little cheesy. If you've ever seen Tommy Boy with David Spade and Chris Farley riding in the convertible GTX arguing over the radio, that's one of the Carpenter's songs. Neither wants to admit liking the song, but eventually they are both singing it together. Good stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJYDg9XThc

Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I spoke to a collector in LA recently that said the same about Richard Carpenter. He evidently has a private collection with quite a few rare muscle cars in a warehouse somewhere on the outskirts of LA and is willing to pay some serious $$ to aquire what he wants.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksGTO
I spoke to a collector in LA recently that said the same about Richard Carpenter. He evidently has a private collection with quite a few rare muscle cars in a warehouse somewhere on the outskirts of LA and is willing to pay some serious $$ to aquire what he wants.
Wow, now you tell me! I've still got one left if he's interested! I never would have guessed that about him, he seems like such a.....well, not a muscle car guy. I guess I'll have a different opinion of him from now on.

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)
Old 03-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty D
I think I got sick listening to that...........

Bob, play nice in the sand box.

Jason, just watch out for Bob when you are in his sand box.

SDD
Wow it dont take much to upset you guys huh?
Scarcasim and Kidding are big no no's around here.

As far as it being SD Bobs sandbox- I hope you were kidding because
the top of the screen says "Bringing the Pontiac Community Together"
not "Worship all those who have an SD Firebird"

The only "Car Guy" who's sandbox I'll respect is Jay Lenno, at least he drives the heck
out of his cars & enjoys them after restoring them back to "perfect".

Every one's entitled to an opinion, I'm sorry he sold the SD Bird, but lucky for him
he's getting a new Viper, Thats all this thread was started about. I wasn't being
mean about it, I was joking about loosing an old Pontiac for an New Dodge.

Some guys have to sell off a car they love to take care of their families,
He's lucky he only had to sell this one one to buy a new toy.
He's lucky to have several cars to enjoy, when some guys can only dream of having only one old car some day.

I hope everyone with a car they love realizes how lucky they are to to have it and that they don't compromise the rest of their family life to care for or restore it.

Divorce, Accidents, Fires, or Earthquakes can take away that "Perfect Restoration" any
time, I would spend all the time you can with your family, they will enjoy your hobby car more if they can ride in it, no one but you cares about low miles, resale value, or correct hose clamps, not even the average person at the shows who everyone seems to be trying to impress.

How many car show trophies does someone need to be happy?
I'm already Happy with myself.

I hope you like the new Viper they are neat cars.

PS I added lots of smilie faces to spread my good chear!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Amen, Rack. I have enough stress in my life. Job, kids, another baby on the way, slowing economy, etc. I come here to PY to relax, BS, and learn a few things. Everyone needs to chill out. Life is too short. Hey, I sold a Judge 2 years ago and bought a Firebird. I sold the car I never had the time/funds/energy to restore and bought a nice car I could enjoy right now! If the man wants to sell his car and buy a Viper, more power to him. He doesn't need the Pontiac police busting his balls over it.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Senior Chief

I sold out my last 76 T/A to keep my LS1 Formula. Then I got so broke it had to go too! I wished I kept the 76 because no payments on it

But new has it's cool factor and serious driving pleasure - if you've never been behind the wheel of a newer muscle car you can't even comment.
This is my happy place - Are you well off enough to collect green super duties? Nice job getting your life together! Having fun drinking a beer while spraying a can of primer on your 84 Firebird 6 cylinder? Glad to have you with us! Pontiac is the glue of this forum, not finances or intelligence level or skills - PONTIAC!
What else is in your garage or driveway probably means you visit other forums and enjoy people there as well!
Internet at it's best , and - enjoy the new Viper! They look sick!
Peace
Oh, and I waited the entire Carpenters video to see if they put any muscle cars in - Darn You!

Old 03-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Beer, did someone bring up BEER?

I agree with the fact this is suppose to be a fun hobby that brings friends, family and BEER together (maybe not all at the same time?).
There are many good points noted above and being a good sport has to be the main one. Enjoy everyday and try and make it a better then the last (hopefully with BEER)!
Happy Easter, Brian

Oh yeah, my daughter made me play all those songs from the Carpenters and I have to admit it brought back many memories of days past. Like driving on those family vacations and having my older sisters control the radio singing along to all those Carpenter songs.
Funny what a couple notes from a old song can do!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the support and kind words guys and as noted, we are all here because we love old Ponchos rare and otherwise. I am very very lucky to have been able to own a 4-speed SD car and made very good money on it in the six years that I owned it - enough to pay for the new Viper, a trade if you will. I take no offense to any of the comments made here by anyone so let’s all just relax (have a beer, right Brew?). I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the Viper nation a little better but I will always have Pontiacs in my blood and will probably keep the two I have for a long time to come (I've owned the GTO for 28 years now and T/A-2 for 3 years). And please, no more Carpenters links!!

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)