Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 03-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Default E-brake options?

I'm near the end of the build on my pro-tour '66 Lemans. I'm using a narrowed Ford 9" rear with Seville type rear calipers. Since I have frame clearance issues, I removed the e-brake springs and brackets from the calipers. I tried using a drive shaft mounted ebrake, but it wouldn't hold no matter what I tried. I thought I could use a line lock, but the one I got from Jegs is a momentary contact switched solenoid that is not supposed to be pressed for more than a minute.

Are all line locks set up that way? If so, any suggestions on what to do for an e-brake?

Jay B

Old 03-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't help on the line loc deal, but sounds like another option would be to change out your rear set up for one like a Ford Explorer that uses the e-brake shoes inside the rear rotor.

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 PM

The e-brake lever is what self adjusts the rear brakes with the seville calipers. The brakes probably don't work at all in the rear without them. The line loc would be useless without some type of self adjustment at the rear.

Dave

Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 PM

I wonder if I rendered the rear calipers useless. Thanks for the info. 3 steps forward four back as I learn my way through this project.

JB