Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Default auto city classic

Has anyone had dealing with auto city classic in Isanti,MN, thay give me a good price on a set of side glasses at a show last weekend,i would like to know there quality and track record.
thanks joe

Old 02-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've bought two windshields,side window chrome, brake lines and proportioning valve from them. Very pleased with all of it. I thought there glass was very nice, fit very well and you can't beat there prices. I think they sell gas tanks too.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just bought a complete set of date-coded Soft-Ray glass from them (for my '69 GTO HT). All but one piece was made in Thailand. It's decent quality, although not quite identical to OE. One of the quarter windows is a bit wavy on the top edge, where the original is straight. The curve on the side windows isn't quite the same.

I don't have the side windows final-adjusted yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll work out fine.

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition...!"
'69 Cameo White RA III Judge, 4 speed, owned since 1977 -- my first car.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i've used them a couple times. shipping is super quick, packaging great. the chunked one order by sending me coupe glass instead of convert and when i called, they sent out the correct piece immediately, and did not ask me to ship the coupe piece back.

they're one of those companies that send you $30 in shipping materials for a $25 piece of glass.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used them several times with great sucess.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Do they have a link? I need a new windshield.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

www.autocityclassic.com

Jeff- check your insurance policy. sometimes people have no-deductible glass coverage and don't realize it.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought my windshield there. Ordered it one day, had it the next (of course, they are right here in town.) :) I believe they sell a complete power window conversion kit for 1961-1964 big cars as well.

They've long since moved, but they started out as a salvage yard on the north side of Minneapolis. The owner had/has a big thing for '58 Chevys...I remember going there and they had a whole section of the yard devoted to them.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used them numreous times. Gas tank, straps, and sender for my 66 GTO, also front windshield, tinted back glass for same car. Complete disc brake setup and windshield for my 69 GTO.

Very nice people and good prices and product. Highly recommend.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 02-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPete
I just bought a complete set of date-coded Soft-Ray glass from them (for my '69 GTO HT). All but one piece was made in Thailand. It's decent quality, although not quite identical to OE. One of the quarter windows is a bit wavy on the top edge, where the original is straight. The curve on the side windows isn't quite the same.

I don't have the side windows final-adjusted yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll work out fine.
Just curious as I also got the side and 1/4 glass from them. Is your door window too curved? Mine seem to be too far in at the cv top w/strip despite all the adjustments I can throw at it. Also too tight at the front A pillar w/strip. Otherwise, very happy with their products. Jeff

Old 03-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think my door glass is closer to original than the quarter glass. I stacked the old and new before I installed them, and if I remember correctly the curve on my door glass was pretty close, but the quarters were off a bit. The quarter windows don't match the greatest with the door glass, but I think I can adjust everything to make it look OK.

My door windows seem to fit pretty well at the top and front. Wish they were identical to the originals, though. I think you'd have to take them out and apart so you could stack them together to see how far off they are.

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition...!"
'69 Cameo White RA III Judge, 4 speed, owned since 1977 -- my first car.