Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Jegs

I ordered a Fuel cell over two weeks ago, we checked with JAZ before ordering and it was in stock. I could have bought direct but it was $40 more. The Jegs guy said delivery would only be about 2 days more so I said ok.
I called this morning and it still hasn't shipped from JAZ, no explaination from Jegs but we suspect they are holding it to meet a minimal order as it's still in stock at JAZ.

This is now causing a major hold up in fabrication on the roll cage and fuel cell mount. I'd have stayed direct if I'd known this.
Jegs now says for "an additional charge" I can have it dropped shipped, which puts it late and back to the "if I'd bought it direct" price.

Scum bags! :mad:
My last :censored: order from them for sure.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They finally relented on the extra fee, still looking at best the end of the week shipping from the west coast. Unless of course "I" want to pay next day shipping.
Of course I still have to pay the handling fee to Jegs even though it's coming direct now.

I also had a Kirkey seat on the same order. Also in stock at Kirkey, but another 3-4 weeks Jegs is saying.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you want a product shipped direct from the manufacturer you have to tell the sales rep that. If not there probably going to backorder it & you will have to wait until there next shipment comes in.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd have been ok with that Scott, but the Jegs guy said it's get shipped right out to them since it was in stock at JAZ, then shipped to me saving me a few bucks rather than me buying direct ($40 more) or them shipping direct ($20 + handling fee) and only costing me a couple of days.
Now what was supposed to be a week to 10 day affair has turned into 3 weeks for a supplier stocked part.
Just wished they'd followed through on their end or told me it would wait until their next shipment, if that's what happened.

BTW, I like your sidekick in your pic.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is why I use Summit over Jegs. Summit has a great shipping dept. I only use Jegs if Summit does not have the part in stock.

Previous - 2001 Jerry Haas-built P/S Grand Am - former WJ car, Hoffman Racing 535" IA2, Tiger Heads/Intake, Single Dominator, PG
Best ET: 7.776 @ 175.94, 1.096 60', 2375 lbs.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still waiting on the fuel cell.

Told it shipped Monday the 4th, then the 5th, the 6th, the 7th, no really, it shipped the 8th and here's your tracking number, should be here on the 15th. One full month from order date for an in stock fuel cell.
Never use JEGS!!!

I'd have used Summit but they didn't carry it. Should have just bought it direct. Screw JEGS!
I need some Global West stuff now. Yep, it's cheaper through JEGS than direct. A few bucks isn't worth dealing with those clowns. Direct it is.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your problem seems to be unusual. I have yet to have an issue with Jegs even with special order parts. They almost always show up a day before promised. I ordered some ignition parts last month around 8-9:00 pm and had them the next afternoon with their regular delivery(FedEx ground). Last time I ordered from Summit it was coming out of their Atlanta warehouse and I was told 2 days. It didnt leave their warehouse till friday(3 days) and I recieved it on monday UPS. I could have driven there and back in 6-7 hours!
Go figure. Jegs even called me once when a part they showed in stock was the only one and damaged. They had it shipped from Edelbrock over nite and gave me a shipping credit.

Am I just lucky? I'll admit to spending thousands over the past twenty years with them and likely near the same with Summit. Jegs has always been better on the phone trying to find a part for whatever I was working on Chevy Mopar or Pontiac. Jegs delivery has been among the best of anyone the past couple years for me.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This aint kissing up but I have had super speedy service from Summit. I just ordered head gaskets and such the other day at around 2:00 pm and they were here the next afternoon.

I have never waited more then 3 days. But they do have a warehouse in Nevada now which is only a few hours from me...

I have never ordered from Jegs.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I only use summit.

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess Im lucky it only takes me 20 min to get to Summit from my house.
I also prefer Summit Racing never had a problem!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I decided to respond to Jegs "myexperience" e-mail link. I told them exactly what I thought of them and posted the link to this thread.
Well wouldn't you know it, I get spammed by them this morning trying to sell me stuff.

Just goes to show, they don't really read that stuff, they just use your email to spam you.
They really have no class at all.

BTW, still waiting on the fuel cell. dum, dee-dee, dum, dum...
But I did get my credit card bill yesterday, yep, with the fuel cell on it.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to 66geeto

I work at Speedway motors. We stock Jaz fuel cells for next time you are looking for one. And by stock i mean i sell 3 of them a day right off the shelf. Sorry to hear your troubles, i'm still trying to decide which of those two to use when i want something Speedway doesn't have. We are geared more toward street rods and Dirt track rather than Drag but there are lots of parts that interchange.

Also the catalog parts buiz is pretty tough to make sure everyone comes out happy. There will always be a few people that get the short end of the stick due to circumstances, and no free shirt can fix it. This is about the point where a customer service rep should be calling you to apologize and figure out how they can fix it in the future. that's what we do to everyone that fills out a bad survey on our website.

I'm never in a hurry for anything and sometimes forget and something shows up at my door, so i guess thats my advantage of being too poor to fly through my car!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 PM

Psssst, Jegs and Summit both have problems like that. They arent going to place an order for one guy just because he needs his parts. You get to pay less, since they get to order in large $ quantities. Just be prepared to wait because of that.

My brother went through Summit for a set of .020 pistons for a Buick 455 - two months later we get a postcard saying they still dont have them. Called one of the Buick performance suppliers and had them at our door in a week. A year before that it was a Comp Cams cam and lifter set for the same engine. - told us it'd be 2 weeks, then 4. I went to the local speed shop at the time, and had it in 2 days for $15 less. Nothing like holding up a project.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally got the fuel cell.

Jegs offered to eat some shipping cost for the delays but no explaination, just an apology. Have to check next months statement to know for sure.

Now I have to wait on the seat.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I work for Summit & yes when something is on backorder the part will get put on our next stocking order. If your in a hurry you can request a Dropship & as long as that manufacturer offers this serv we can have the parts shipped to you direct with no extra charge. Unless you request air service. Not all Vendors offer this serv.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i'm finished with Jegs. for items that they do not stock, they put a date out there for expected shipment date. if they don't get enough orders, they just push the date back again until they get enough orders. worse part is that they point the finger at the manufacturer saying that the mfgr is backordered. liars.

Summit has NEVER shipped later than the expected ship date. i don't know if they are better because they get more volume or because they honor their date and place the order at that date regardless of volume, but they get it done.

Scott- thx for the tip regarding drop ship. if i'm truly in a hurry i'll ask them about this. funny thing, is that Jegs told me they could have it drop shipped for a fee but i said, no biggie, i can wait the 7-10 days.... they kept stringing me along for over a month saying the mfgr was backordered for 'another' week. hmm.... how then, could it have been drop shipped for a fee?

i'll never use Jegs again.