Old 11-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Senior Chief

Default 80 Formula interior question

I have an 80 Formula with the Carmine deluxe vinyl interior. Im trying to get a new package tray and headliner material from Ames. They list red and maroon. Which would be the better match? The seats and door panels are somewhat darker and some might call them maroon. much of the other plastic trim and such appear more red. And the tray and headliner im going to replace are so faded I cant really say. So what have you guys used for the best match to original?

Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hate to break the bad news to you,but you won't likely find ANYTHING that really matches,unless you have a BLACK interior.
My guess is that between 70 & 81 there were AT LEAST 6 different shades of red interior used.
PUI makes ALL the repro Firebird interior stuff that's sold by the various distributors & for the most part,it's CLOSE but NO CIGAR!

If you call them,they MAY have samples to send you, BUTif you want a GOOD match,you will probably have to paint the NEW parts to match your existing interior.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 PM

I have the Carmine Custom Upholstery in my 79 Formula, and purchased Carmine Red Deluxe Mesh Rear Seat Shelve from Classic Industries (package tray). I am more then happy with what I received. The price was 39.95. I belive they may be having a discount for the holiday.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Matrix, why don't you call the people that own this board we love so much, Performance Years. Just call up and ask for Ed, he'll take good care of you.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg
Matrix, why don't you call the people that own this board we love so much, Performance Years. Just call up and ask for Ed, he'll take good care of you.
Now THAT is a GOOD IDEA!

We need to support our HOSTS & try them FIRST!

Classic Industries should be the LAST resort.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Senior Chief

For the last 15 years I have bought everything from Ames. But about two years ago I bought a Pypes system. I was not pleased. Left a bad taste in my mouth. But I do use the boards a lot so maybe it is time to give PY another chance. Thanks for your replys.