Old 07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 74 nos parts worth?

i was just at my uncles house and he had a bunch of nos sheet metal and other 74 gto parts. he sold his goat a few years ago and has these parts left over. i dont know the value of 74 parts i only wish they were for my 67.
heres a list of what i saw.nos parts:2 rocker paels, rear tail panel, front header, left fender. i also saw 2 sets of grills with lights that were nice, a hood and a bunch of moog
front end parts. .if you have any idea of the valu or are interested let me know or you can email him at pkosteniuk@yahoo.com he also has a ton of 53-56 ford truck parts
thanks bryan

Old 07-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The NOS rear tail panel is worth a small fortune,dont let it go cheap!

The fenders are worth a bit too.

And if those moog suspension parts include the correct X-body P/S centerlink with the ball sockets in it,that too is worth a pretty penny as well!

The front header panels hold up better,so they're not as in demand as this other stuff,and that affects value some in turn.

Grilles always do OK,but they're out there too.

Rocker panels,,,I dunno,,,I guess if you needed them they might be worth something,but down here parts cars can be found for less than some might charge for the NOS rockers,so often the lesser of two evils win and folks will do the labor themselves and save a little $.

HTH.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb400ho
i was just at my uncles house and he had a bunch of nos sheet metal and other 74 gto parts. he sold his goat a few years ago and has these parts left over. i dont know the value of 74 parts i only wish they were for my 67.
heres a list of what i saw.nos parts:2 rocker paels, rear tail panel, front header, left fender. i also saw 2 sets of grills with lights that were nice, a hood and a bunch of moog
front end parts. .if you have any idea of the valu or are interested let me know or you can email him at pkosteniuk@yahoo.com he also has a ton of 53-56 ford truck parts
thanks bryan
Are these NOS parts or used good parts taken from a donor? I would be interested in the left fender, especially if you were going to Norwalk.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingchief
And if those moog suspension parts include the correct X-body P/S centerlink with the ball sockets in it,that too is worth a pretty penny as well!

That link hasn't been available since 1983. Even back then you couldn't get it.
It's cheaper too convert the front end to a nova suspension. Memory serves me correct, the 73-74 Ventura was the only X-body that had that oddball draglink.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Memory serves me correct, the 73-74 Ventura was the only X-body that had that oddball draglink.
Some of the first gen firebirds used that drag link too.

Concours resto/show guys will pay big bucks for good ones,they dont have the option of swap the steering to the other style linkage,not unless they wanna loose a ton of points!!!

The rebuilt ones from Rare parts are like $300.00 + $150.00 core charge last time I checked when I had my ventura,and that was over 5 years ago,doubt they got cheaper since then.

So even the wore out used ones had core value if they were still rebuildable.

An NOS one would be worth good money to the right fella.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the sheetmetal is all nos except the hood and shaker. im am trying to get to norwalk. in have a service trip to puerto rico and get back on friday. if all goes well with the flights and the service trip ill be there. if you contact him and make a deal for any of the stuff ill bring it. he doesnt have the drag link. the tie rods and adjusting sleeves are huge.the rockers are assemblies have the back on them also.
thanks bryan