Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Default elec fan install

Aquired an MK8 elec fan and it covers almost 100 percent of the rad from tank to tank. If I put 2 of those do-dads that people use to hold tranny coolers to the rad on each corner will it hold or should I fab up some straps or something. 67 Fbird and its a krewzer if it matters.
Any advise would be great and this board is the best.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ah...from the "most liveable community"....Manassas...

Making a few small brackets out of flat stock should be real easy and then you can hard mount the fan to the Rad. It should most likely be OK with the push throughs though, but I personally dont like them. Messes up the cooling fins and all.

If you search the forum for Mark VIII, you will see several mounting bracket examples in pics posted by others.

Last edited by surfnuke9; 07-13-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Definately do not use those straps take the time and make you up some brackets, you will be so much better in the long run. I have a mark 8 on my bird I used some flat aluminum sheet about 4 inches wide and mounted to the top plate of my radiator the shroud and the same for the bottom worked out excellent, If you want check summit and jegs they sell fan mounting brackets exactly for that purpose.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks guys, I need to search the board first before I jump in. I found a bunch of good examples to get some better ideas. geeesh, plastic push through do-dad's what was I thinking..

Old 07-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Put some thought into wiring it correctly, especially relays/controller and your power source.

Also, be sure you have enough amperage from your alternator, they use about 35A on high.