Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Is Jegs completely incompetent?

I already know the answer to that, but I need to rant! I haven't ordered from Jegs for years because of all the consistent screw ups I endured the last time I did business with them. Well, stupid me thought that just maybe they can get this one small order right. Just a few parts that Summit didn't have and my local speed shop was way over-priced on.

I placed the order on Tuesday afternoon. Asked for overnight to have it for Thursday (July 4th holiday). The "sales person" quoted me the price with overnight shipping, but said I needed to remove some chemicals from the order if I wanted it overnight because they couldn't send the chemicals by air.

OK, I said, remove the chemicals from the order. This morning I see that the dumb beotch did in fact remove the chemicals from my order, but neglected to include the overnight shipping and sent the order ground freight! I had a couple of friends who were able to adjust their busy schedules to help me with this project today, but with no parts that's not going to happen!

I just can't believe after all these years of not using Jegs, and deciding to give them another chance, they still can't get it right!!! Oh well, I should have known better. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM JEGS!!! End rant.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I have ordered from Jeg's at least a few times a year in the past 4 years. I have always had good service. In fact, I ordered a pair of rear shocks over the weekend and the sales rep said they would be shipped Monday via ground and would arrive on Tuesday. Sure enough, the box was dropped off Tuesday and I was able to install them yesterday morning.

In one other instance, I was in Cleveland on business and was going to drive back home through Columbus. I stopped for lunch and called to see if they had a front sway bar and front shocks for my car. They said their location off I-71 had them in stock and I could pick them up on my way through. I arrived at the store, gave them the part numbers and they pulled the parts. There was a mix up on sales tax vs. shipping since I am out of state. The phone sales rep should have completed the order over the phone and placed the order in "will call" at the store I was going to be picking them up since I was an out of state purchaser. The store manager came over, discussed my concern and told me he would take care of the issue, since I did give the phone sales rep all my info and should have set up the order differently.

I am sure most of us who regularly order stuff by phone or Internet will have this happen from time to time. My measure of any company or business is how they work with me to resolve this type of issue to my satisfaction.

Tom

"We have got but one life here. It pays, no matter what comes after it, to try and do things, to accomplish things in this life and not merely to have a soft and pleasant time." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." - A father's words of wisdom to his children
Old 07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22
I already know the answer to that, but I need to rant! I haven't ordered from Jegs for years because of all the consistent screw ups I endured the last time I did business with them. Well, stupid me thought that just maybe they can get this one small order right. Just a few parts that Summit didn't have and my local speed shop was way over-priced on.

I placed the order on Tuesday afternoon. Asked for overnight to have it for Thursday (July 4th holiday). The "sales person" quoted me the price with overnight shipping, but said I needed to remove some chemicals from the order if I wanted it overnight because they couldn't send the chemicals by air.

OK, I said, remove the chemicals from the order. This morning I see that the dumb beotch did in fact remove the chemicals from my order, but neglected to include the overnight shipping and sent the order ground freight! I had a couple of friends who were able to adjust their busy schedules to help me with this project today, but with no parts that's not going to happen!

I just can't believe after all these years of not using Jegs, and deciding to give them another chance, they still can't get it right!!! Oh well, I should have known better. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM JEGS!!! End rant.
I've never had a problem with Jeg's (or Summit) most of the time i get my stuff the next day if I order before noon, (Indiana) this might tick you off, but if you were hoping to get your project done on the 4th, you should have order a day or two earlier than you did. JMHO.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pont406
...this might tick you off, but if you were hoping to get your project done on the 4th, you should have order a day or two earlier than you did. JMHO.
I didn't plan on doing this project on the 4th. I planned on doing it today (the 5th). Sometimes opportunities arise (like friends committing their time) that you have to take advantage of and act quickly. That's why I ordered the parts on the 3rd for an overnight delivery. Knowing that they could not deliver on the 4th, overnight should have gotten them here today. And they would have been here today if the person I ordered them from didn't have their head up their pooper!

She specifically told me if I wanted them overnighted I needed to remove some chemicals that could not go by air. I did, and she didn't!

I just found it ironic that I stopped doing business with Jegs years ago because of problems like this, decided to give them another chance, and they screwed this one up too! Oh well, live and learn, again!

I've placed literally 100+ orders with Summit without one screwup. Now that's some track record. They just didn't have the item I was looking for.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you try Summit's website?, you can find alot of thing not listed in the catalog there. I must say Summit's website is better than Jeg's, lets you know if they have the part in stock by shipping date, easier to use! find it on the website, call and order it has worked well for me.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 PM

i've had similar problems with jegs in the past and a bit of attitude to go with it. it was enough to switch my business to summit. since that time i've had very little problem and prompt results when there has been an issue.

customer service is key.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-06-2007, 12:37 AM

I personally like JEGS better. I know Summit races Pontiacs and all but, I like JEGS better. I get extremely hyper when Jason Line (mostly) and Greg Anderson get caught sleeping on the tree and they still win non-stop. They mostly have more horsepower that makes up for their crappy reaction times. Due to the fact that they have all Summit's money backing them up. So, I'll throw my money at Jegs. Also Jegs is usually cheaper which I do like. Erica Enders waste them on the light and they still come right around her.:noidea:

Old 07-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon
i've had similar problems with jegs in the past and a bit of attitude to go with it. it was enough to switch my business to summit. since that time i've had very little problem and prompt results when there has been an issue.

customer service is key.

mike
Ditto. I had shipping problems on more than one occasion. I confirmed shipping info on the phone, and my items were shipped to another address on two separate orders. I prefer Summit and have not had any issues.

9.81 @ 136.39MPH
Old 07-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Last time i ordered from them they sent me SBC head gaskets with almost the same part # as some AN fittings i ordered.I called and they said i have to pay shipping back and shipping on the right part.I said forget it and sold the gaskets for more than the fittings cost.Summit is the way to go for me or PY for the real parts i need to get my car going again.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

I have been ordering parts from Jegs (Summit too) for over 10 years and have never had any problems with either company.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM

I have had enough problems from jegs that stopped me from doing buisiness with them totally, been helping support summit for about ten years now and have never had 1 single problem. just my 2cents

Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
I have been ordering parts from Jegs (Summit too) for over 10 years and have never had any problems with either company.
Ditto, and I must order at least twice a month. Their racer program is a must for the discounts, and the delivery is always great for me. Two days and no extra charge...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

summit for me

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used both with great success. Even with border and customs issues.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I use Summit whenever possible. I always get my parts in 3 business days-out of Nevada. Also, Summit supports the sportsman racer on the divisional level at the ET Finals.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Nothing but praise from jegs, racer discount and my parts the next day.couldnt afford to run my race car with out them!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott at Summit is very helpful, shipping is fast and service is top notch. And he bowls! So he's gotta be a cool dude!

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 07-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

John - I know the JEGs ordering is an isolated incident, so I wont harp on it too much (I'm the same way -only them if Summit doesnt have it, or local shop cant get it) but let me relay a good incident that happened to me with a local shop you may not have thought about using.

South Shore High Performance in Brockton is a good bunch of guys. Mohammed runs the place, and is a street racer from years ago. He runs 8.50s in I think a Mustang, and has a gammut of cars he hypes out to go fast. In other words, he knows his stuff - They price matched Summit on some racing trans fluid I was buying, and they had it next day. No shipping to pay, and no waiting. For you, only a trip up 24 to make it all happen.

Additionally, the more I deal with them, it seems the more they can get. They will now be my VP Fuel Source. Beats going to Seekonk and his price is the same. I'll be giving them a chance more often.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pont406
I've never had a problem with Jeg's (or Summit) most of the time i get my stuff the next day if I order before noon, (Indiana) this might tick you off, but if you were hoping to get your project done on the 4th, you should have order a day or two earlier than you did. JMHO.
ANY order out of the area gets FREE two day air...guaranteed. Only problem...FedEx was NOT delivering on the Fourth...or on Christmas...or on Thanksgiving. I don't care where you ordered from...not gonna happen. Salesperson was wrong for telling you they would...if, in fact she did. Sorry you feel that Jeg's is at fault, but a reality check will prove otherwise. Good luck in getting other companies to dictate Fed Ex's schedules. Jeg's sends out @ 3k to 5k packages a day and even ships directly to the racetrack in an effort to better serve the racers. Like they say...can't please 'em all, I guess. Take care. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.