Old 06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '70 "early production ordered Judge" on eBay

read the clarification Toni wrote on this car.....

"While getting the trim info for this car, I noticed a few things; this car was built in the third week of December of 69. It was ordered as a Judge, but when production started on the car the 70 parts werent available yet. Due to this, the original interior is 69, the original wood wheel is 69 and the stripes that were put on the car are 69 (although they are not on the car, you can tell easily from the imprint). This information definately adds to the uniqueness!"

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This one is on his website asking $50K. Maybe that is the restored price.

http://www.customclassicgto.com/mypage.html?pg=Cars

Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What a maroon!
Real early production. They'd only been building '70 model year cars for what- 3 months at that point?

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wow, only $49,900 for a standard '70 GTO painted the wrong color, needing restoration. And rest assured, that is the pre-restoration price. Guess that incorrect '69 interior adds about $25k to the value of this gem...

Their website is worth a visit every few months for a few laughs.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes Bob, his site is always full of little nuggets for all to learn! It just amazes me that someone who specializes in Pontiacs would tell such a fractured fairy tale, in writing, when it's so clear the car has had a few changes over the years.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 PM

I agree -- my car was built at the Baltimore plant in the 1st week of November 1969 and seemed to have no problem getting the correct 1970 interior installed!!! Someone in this car's past must have not known the difference in the seat covers and just replaced them with 69 patterned material; unfortunately we cannot see the rear seat in the photo which could confirm that (unless it was replaced too). Possibly the same scenario for the steering wheel, although it does look like the 1970 optional wood steering wheel to me (fuzzy picture on eBay and fuzzy memory on my part).

The only potentially correct item in this eBay fairy tale is the Judge stripe -- early production 70 GTO's had the 69 Judge stripe available as an option (RPO D98 if I recall properly). Later in the 1970 model year, this D98 option was switched from the 69 stripe to the eye brow stripes of the 70 Judge, which you could get on a regular GTO.

Bob M.
1970 GTO Convertible
Originally: Sierra Yellow/Sandalwood Int/ Sandalwood Top w/ 400 4BBL Auto Trans
Currently: Red/Sandalwood Int/White Top w/ 400 4BBL Manual Trans
Built in Baltimore Plant - 1st week of Nov. 1969
Old 06-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used to own a 70 Ram iv Judge that was built in august of 69 and It had all the right stripes and everything and the car was a original paint survivor car so this has got to be bull****. the only thing that was weird on my car was that it had a 69 console it in.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=GTOnly70]Wow, only $49,900 for a standard '70 GTO painted the wrong color, needing restoration. And rest assured, that is the pre-restoration price. Guess that incorrect '69 interior adds about $25k to the value of this gem...

Their website is worth a visit every few months for a few laughs.[/QUOTE\
I see he has his home up for sale!!! Thank God!!! I hope He's leaving PA and going back to Florida..........

Old 06-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I heard they're going to merge with Black Tie Classics and Rock 'n Roll Engineering to form a giant black hole.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king
I used to own a 70 Ram iv Judge that was built in august of 69 and It had all the right stripes and everything and the car was a original paint survivor car so this has got to be bull****. the only thing that was weird on my car was that it had a 69 console it in.
Don, the 69 console thing is not wierd. I have owned 2 October built Arlington cars and both of them had the 69 consoles. I think the latch was a later addition.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=Ram4king]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOnly70
Wow, only $49,900 for a standard '70 GTO painted the wrong color, needing restoration. And rest assured, that is the pre-restoration price. Guess that incorrect '69 interior adds about $25k to the value of this gem...

Their website is worth a visit every few months for a few laughs.[/QUOTE\
I see he has his home up for sale!!! Thank God!!! I hope He's leaving PA and going back to Florida..........
Hey, I resemble that comment, what have you got against us Floridians...? (j/k)

I was at a one of our construction projects in NJ last week and our job Super found this car lot that we should go look at. We pull into the parking lot and low and behold, it's Black Tie Classics.
Man, I've never seen so much bondo in one parking lot (actually 2)...how anyone could buy a car from these people is beyond me.

Mike

Old 06-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No way Anthony is returning to Florida. There are some bad dudes looking for him because of transactions like this one. He has been doing this for over 15 years now, so he has gottne good quite good at selling to the uninformed.

The last guy locally that got took for a ride was a fellow named Paul Johnson on a '69 Judge. Granted the car was decent, but not the car that was described.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior Chief

I get a kick out of Custom Classics 70 ram air 4 hardtop for sale with the correct ram air 4 YT code block.