Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default headers for edelbrock heads

i am thinking of getting a set of edel. heads for my firebird... where can i get a set of headers for them. i was told the headers i got on my 62s wont work on them. if you know anyone who sells them please send me a line thanks

Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

jamaca your 62's are D-ports and the E's are round port.I'm sure summit/or Doug has a set for your application.Check the PY performance parts for sale section.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to SGTGTO

Apparently Dougs are the best. I am rather dissapointed in mine. The welds on them are horrid. They aren't 360* around the tubes and there is slag splattered around the weld on the flange. There is even a small piece of mig wire on the top of my flange that was left there after someone tagged it while welding. The inside of the tubes is fully welded though.

That being said, Butler has the best prices around for the headers. They spanked summit by 100$ or so. www.jbp-pontiac.com

Tubes are 1 7/8th.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Senior Chief

SGTGTO...Bummer to hear of your Dougs Headers... Mine were perfect including the welds and finish. Bought them thru Summit 1 year ago and am convinced that they are the perfect header for round ports...Can't beat the fit!! The Hooker super comps -that the Doug's replaced- fit really poorly in my '69, (they took over 3 hours to remove from my 71 lemans e-headed 455) as the Doug's fit like they grew there!! Hope no one is confusing these with Doug Thorley headers as I believe they are not that great. Since your in GR, whatcha runnin'?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dont get anything larger than 1 7/8ths tube and you will save your self from saying a lot of words that should not be said around kids!

Old 06-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

THANKS.. NOW I KNOW FOR SURE. AND THANKS FOR THE SITES TOO . NOW I KNOW WHERE TO BUY THEM THANKS AGAIN.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:48 AM

jamaca, go with the Doug's headers. I just put some on my 68 Firebird and am very happy with them. Lots of ground clearance also.

Ground Clearance

Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to SGTGTO

Now, I have no doubt that Dougs are the best fitting headers for our Pontiacs. What I was talking about was simply aesthetics and quality of finish. The welds on the inside of the tubes and flanges are perfect, and I am sure they will seal.

Iceman,

I have a 68 GTO, white on black. I live on the NE side, off Plainfield. What about yourself? Wanna come help work on it???

Jake