Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Chassis Co. ? about my 63,4 link,need help.

I inquired to a co. in Pa. about parts for my 63.Specifically about the rear suspension,4link type. The co. emailed me back wanting to use my 63 as an engineering mule car.They will install,weld ,paint the new suspesion,and supply all new parts,heim joints,coil overs,tubing,etc..I have a 57 olds rear in place nowbut not complete.The cost is alittle over $1200.00.I hadn't planned on this expense now.It sure does seem to good to be true. Borrow the $ and go for it,is what I'm thinking.This co does race alot from their website. 'Any' thoughts recommendations would be helpful,esp from any who have done this modification and how to protect myself. Thanks

Old 05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

JUST DO IT....

Old 05-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That price isn't bad, We had my buddies 63' back halfed by the Co. below (also in PA) and they did a great job. This was finished several years ago with a four link with ferd 9" and all the goodies, the price was around the same.

http://www.kenskustomchassis.com/Ken...om_Chassis.htm

Old 05-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about a road trip

http://racingjunk.com/post/883076/63...s-project.html

Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to JKrull66

I paid more then that for my chris alston kit.
Sounds like a steal. Things like an estimated end weight, wheelbase, tire size, rear type, gears, final car useage. Be clear on what you are wanting to end up with. A lot of 10.5 classes don't allow back halves. I had to upgrade some of the Heim joints, and the shocks. Also added a anti rollbar. See if they are skinning the new frame rails, for the new interior. Your kit may not be as major as the one I did. I pie cut the front of the rear fenders for more tire clearence. Some pics of the build on the putfile link below. If you are doing the front too, it would be much eaisier to get to headers and such.
John

63 Lemans in the 9's race
66 GTO HT Cruiser
06 Triumph Rocket III TURBO! 2300 CC Bad boy
KTM 525 Dirt Terrorizer
POLARIS 900 RZR
10 GMC SLT Duramax Haul anything anywhere
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...app_2392950137

Last edited by JKrull66; 05-27-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the story.I responded to an ad in HPP from HDR motor sports(eastern Pa,).They install 'Satchell Triangulated 4 link handling suspensions.from reading in Herb Adams book,this suspension angles the bottom links towards the center of the car.I guess similiar to A body.The suspension can be used for road racing or drag racing.I wanted to street drive the car and use it in Pittsburgh Vintage GP racing as # 50(thats my dream).So the offered to install the suspension with links with labor for that price.Now I got to rearrange the budget a little unless I get a 'gift'.