Old 04-24-2007, 06:08 PM

Default my car from culp motor sales

Hey guys
Window sticker arrived from PHS.
My 2+2 came from culp motor sales in Lagrange. I called the pontiac dealership up there and Culp went out of business a long time ago. drats.
Msrp on this one 4,727.61 one expensive car back then.
Mike Nixon. Not too far from Portland. Too bad they are out of business. Makes me wonder how it got from Lagrange IN to Dayton Oh.

James E. Roseberry where are you?

Patrick

Old 04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a lot of jack for a car back then not be a Bonneville or a Grand Prix. Well the drop top did not help along with the 421. I wonder what mine stickered for. It was ordered with the Bonneville 4bbl motor, has the visor mirror, posi, duals, cloth fabric for the seats, tinted glass, and the trunk reel out light. It is step up from my last Catalina. Oh how I miss that car. My car was built at the Linden plant. It was ordered by and delivered to Faquay Pontiac in Danville, VA. If anyone knows anything about that dealership PM me, i'd like to know about it.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 PM

lagrange is within an hour of here.

just think, they could have bought a caddy for that kind of money.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 04-25-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Window sticker

This is so cool.. 2 questions. My car has the 3.73 gear ratio. I do not see that on the list. Also there is an underhood light. Not sure if this grouped with one of the other lights. Any ideas on the gear ratio?
Patrick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00579.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	89459  

Old 04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Only way to tell is that code on the axle housing. If it is a posi it will start with a "V" and have another letter after. Kind of a pain on my car all the scraping but I found it. Once you get it go to www.wallaceracing.com and look under Pontiac axle codes. It will pull up 66's only but they are the same. Good luck.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:39 AM

Hitman
yep, that is what I did and came up with the 3.73. I was just wondering why it is not listed on the invoice or build sheet or where it may be. You had to specify somewhere that the standard 3.42 were not what they wanted
Patrick

Old 04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You would think it would be on the build sheet. Mine just listed limited slip diff. Heck even on the window sticker is should have had it. I guess the only thing would be the buyers order but you'd only be lucky to have it.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM

My mom still has the original hand written purchase order for her GTO. I am with you, that it should be somewhere. oh well. I was hoping to verify that it came with the 3.73 and not the standard 3.42. There is 373 written in hand with a black marker under the drivers fender. I think I posted a picture.
Patrick