Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Whats this knob for?

Can anyone tell me what this knob is for:

I've searched several place, but can find no info. Thanks for any help!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Floor vent. While driving down the road, pull it out, and you'll feel the effects. On my goat, it's called air conditioning.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oops! Double post.

Last edited by merlotgoat; 03-27-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting. You have an A/C dash. The kick panel vent you show should not be on an A/C car. Either the A/C was added, or the kick panel was replaced with an incorrect part.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron cozzo
Interesting. You have an A/C dash. The kick panel vent you show should not be on an A/C car. Either the A/C was added, or the kick panel was replaced with an incorrect part.
Hmmm...Thats what I was thinking. I'm going to do some investigating. I don't think the car was originally set up for A/C in that the oil dip stick tube does not have an A/C extension. However, it seem like a lot of work to add A/C after market. I have the PHS docs; does anyone know the A/C codes?

Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Senior Chief

I think it is a lot of work to add a factory A/C system due to the dash, firewall, etc. It seems more likely that a standard kickpanel was installed and the incorrect dipstick tube was installed. Which leads to the question, is the engine block original? -Jesse

Old 03-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggto
I think it is a lot of work to add a factory A/C system due to the dash, firewall, etc. It seems more likely that a standard kickpanel was installed and the incorrect dipstick tube was installed. Which leads to the question, is the engine block original? -Jesse
No, the block is not original (but I knew that already). The car originally had a 400 HO. It has since been replaced with a correct year standard "YS" code 400.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Suspended

on my factory AC car, I added the driver side floor vent for those times when the AC is not necessary, but you want some cooler outside air flow. It is nice to have.