Old 03-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Unhappy It's Always Something

I called Bendtsen's this morning to order my tranny adapter kit (Nice people by the way) to get the ball rolling on my swap. They asked whether my crank was 2.59 or 2.75. I said I don't know, in fact I didn't know they used 2 different sizes. I'll have to pull the Slim Jim to mike the crank which will have to wait cause the weather is getting nice here in Colorado. There's a chance that the machine shop who did the crank when I had the engine rebuilt 6 years ago might have a record of it but I'm not optimistic about it. Can you all feel my pain. There, I feel better now

Old 03-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I feel your EXACT pain as I have to know if a pilot bushing will fit in my '63 crank to convert to 4 speed but don't want to tear it down until I have everything possible together since she drives fine now. It is all I can do to keep from tearing into it.

Have another beverage.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

63pontiacgp, was Bendtsen's application listing for multiple years or just '63? If the listing was for multiple years, what years did the part number fit?

Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Suspended

From what I've read and heard the 63 has the smaller crank register. I learned this when installing a 455 to my hydro, lucky for me the 64 fit.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH 64
From what I've read and heard the 63 has the smaller crank register. I learned this when installing a 455 to my hydro, lucky for me the 64 fit.
Yeah, I am hoping Brad can hook me up with a bushing instead of having to have the crank done.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress