Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help ID This Beautiful Column & Two Tone Wheel

Hello my big car friends. I'm on the other side most the time with my GTO and Firebird people. However, I had a chance and tok it to buy a beautiful two tone steering wheel and auto shif column. So, I did. And, also bought this beautiful dash for one of the big cars.

I would like someone to help me with the year and applacation of these nice pieses if you'd be so kind. Photos are as good as I could get. NOTE, the steering whel is red and clear, not red and green. The clear has yellowed some. Thanks and you may email me with help or questions neded to let me know. Info on the dash reads YA cluster # 6455578 Speedo #6455491-AB
Thanks friends........ Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SpeedOFar.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	85094   Click image for larger version

Name:	S wheel Close A.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	85095   Click image for larger version

Name:	S Wheel Front.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	85096  

Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 65 & 66 Big car

I have a good friend who would have paid you serious money for that red wheel - up until last Thursday. He just sold the car.

Car was (still is!!!) a '65 Bonneville Convertible. White car with red leather interior. 421 car and loaded. But a previous owner had changed the wheel and chris never did find an original. Still he pulled A$49,000 for it (that's about US$38200) so he did OK. Plus the car needs a bit of work. Nothing major

Old 03-11-2007, 11:03 AM

the cluster appear to be a 65 model also.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steering wheel is definitely a 65/66. Could be from a Catalina as it does not have the wood grain insert in the horn bar. If it had the wood grain then it would be a Bonneville.
Nice pieces.

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If there is a plastic loom on the back of the cluster it is '66. If there is evidence of those little metal bulb holders then '65.

Very nice wheel. I vote '66 for both.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 03-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default My Steering wheel Id ??

Thanks everyone. I still don't know for sure, but I do know that this wheel is not cracked outside, but some inside small lines I see in the clear. The column also has the factory switch in nice shape and I looked at the cover flat bracket and the bottom joint and all liik really nice. I was careful and cleaned it AFTER I took photos but only used some damp soft rags, warm water and very little liquid Ivory soap. I don't kno what does and does not react with the plastic. so not using something like 409 was first on my list of no-no's, I went back to the same sell today and they had a few more parts out. One of them a matching pretty ash try and insert it rides in. Also some real old Mohawk Pontiac emblems and some older 60's center caps and a lot of Pontiac letters P.O.N.T.I.A.C. som smaller than others which makes me believe som are for A body and some for B body cars. ALso bought a 55.75" 10 bolt cover rear end (limited slip) with 5X4.75 bolt pattern but not sure what it fits. The center rather than being smmoth cover, had a bulg stickiong out. The axle bolts go from the inside out, with nuts on the brake shoe side. Most the time this means B.O.P. even into the later 8.5" rear ends. But, this could maybe be a Ford 9" with a posi as it's also a leaf spring rear and not coils. A 1940 Pontiac Hot Rod body has Nove subframe, GMPP 330 HP carb engine and all body work is doneother than bright work and prim and paint. Has all bright work with a 4 speed Munci and later hurst shifter already hoked up. Engin sounds nice and runs nice but the interior which is still all there needs to be finished covering and installed. I can have it at 4k with the new parts and old parts as well. Money is not a problem if it came to it. However, whats more valubale than money???? ROOM FOR EVERYTHING. lololol I already put out almost three hundred a month for two inside storage units.

I will continue see what theys are for sure, and then need to sell or trade them. Thanks friends. I'm starting to see the coolness of the bigger cars.

Mike

Old 03-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way, if anyone needs three of the 8 lug wheels with the heavy aluminium centers black with raised spines? And nice center caps, and real nice beauty rings. I have three only. The aluminium is so heavy, I wonder what they would go for SCRAP? teasing people just teasing. More nice parts from the junk yards are being crushed rather than sold because of this. OK, it was nice to vist everyone here. Your always so polite and helpful which is not always the case whre Ihang out in the A & F bosy area. Good day friends. < Mike >

Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to presidential

Wish my old wheel looked that good, I would have kept it on there.