Old 02-13-2007, 01:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to SlackAdjuster
Default 67 GP parts interchange and 8 Lug quest.

Hey all, nice forum here, appreciate all the info so far.

Questions for the willing:

1. What GM cars would have interchangeable parts for my 67 GP, suspension and brakes wise? The brakes on this car are pretty much entirely gone and I'm having a hard time finding a 67 anywhere with good parts. I'm led to believe that I can only really use 67 & 68 GP's without at least slight modification. True?

2. I'd like to get rid of the 8 lug rims and use some aftermarket rims for now. What do I need to do?

Here are a few pics from when I bought it. Pretty solid really and the 400 even runs and sounds pretty strong. Not bad for 400 bucks, it was a buddy deal but still...

Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Suspended

to convert to factory drums requires front drums with hubs and rear drums. no big deal. might still have the front drum setup or at least some hubs.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Chief

All the '67 big car suspension and brakes will interchange, Bonneville, Catalina, Executive, Ventura.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice looking car for 400 bucks! If you want to upgrade to disc brakes on the front, they were available for '67 big cars but original parts are very hard to find these days. www.scarebird.com has a reasonably priced disk brake kit that others have used with success, although I think you probably have to go to 15" rims (which is probably a good idea anyway, since 14" tires in the proper size for big Pontiacs are pretty hard to find as well.)

You can probably sell the 8 lugs and make enough money to pay for the upgrades. Even if the drums are toast, the trim rings and hubcaps are desireable.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brake and suspension parts fit 65-70 all big Pontiacs.
When ordering parts for your car, always tell the counterperson that it is a 67 Catalina, it will make life a lot easier.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to SlackAdjuster

You guys all rule, thanks for the help. I feel better knowing that I can get parts from other than a 67-68 GP, as I was previously told. I'm pretty excited to get busy on this car as soon as we get rid of all these snowflakes. Which, if Cleveland stays true, will be about 4 months from now.

Stuart - the car was 400 for me because it is my best friend's father's car and he passed away several years ago and the car has just sat in his driveway because my friend really isn't into rebuilding cars, but at the same time didn't want to get rid of it because of sentimental reasons. So the car will now get redone which will make him happy and it's still pretty much "around" so that's why I got a decent deal on it.