Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default PayPal Lousy Business Practices

Bought a CD through PayPal, as this was the only option in order to purchase from Charters@ sailshares.com. This was done on 1/12. E-mailed SailShares twice to fined out when it will ship CD. Received no response, I then contacted PayPal since my credit card was billed by them. Received a e-mail back that listed a 8 step proceedure I would need to follow. I gave them all the information in my original e-mail. I know a lot of PY'ers use PayPal, this was my first and last. Tired of everywhere you go people are aways trying to pass the buck! PAYPAL SUCKS.

Last edited by 428PHIL; 01-20-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally someone agrees with me PAYPAL SUCKS

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

I got my money back doing that route. Don't cancel this dispute when Paypal asks you to do it there way.

1969 GTO Palladium Silver Hardtop
1969 Judge Carousel Red Hardtop X 2

Someday We'll Look Back On This And It Will All Seem Funny.
From Rosilitia, Sung By Bruce Springsteen, CIRCA 1973
Old 01-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428PHIL
Bought a CD through PayPal, as this was the only option in order to purchase from Charters@ sailshares.com. This was done on 1/12. E-mailed SailShares twice to found out when it will ship CD. Received no response, I then contacted PayPal since my credit card was billed by them. Received a e-mail back that listed a 8 step proceedure I would need to follow. I gave them all the information in my original e-mail. I know a lot of PY'ers use PayPal, this was my first and last. Tired of everywhere you go people are aways trying to pass the buck! PAYPAL SUCKS.
Yes...I totally agree with you!....Paypal is absolutely no help when trying to reverse charges from a dishonest seller!.....And the seller knows this!.....I've been ripped off by a dishonest seller who uses PayPal as a method of payment!....The best advice is to only deal with sellers who accept major credit cards then you can dispute it with your credit card bank.....PayPals procedures are just a big joke which will lead you nowhere!:mad:

Old 01-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to TrulyPMD Send a message via Yahoo to TrulyPMD
Default You gotta read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428PHIL
Bought a CD through PayPal, as this was the only option in order to purchase from Charters@ sailshares.com. This was done on 1/12. E-mailed SailShares twice to found out when it will ship CD. Received no response, I then contacted PayPal since my credit card was billed by them. Received a e-mail back that listed a 8 step proceedure I would need to follow. I gave them all the information in my original e-mail. I know a lot of PY'ers use PayPal, this was my first and last. Tired of everywhere you go people are aways trying to pass the buck! PAYPAL SUCKS.
My wife works for Pay Pal, and we sell alot of things on eBay. This has helped us fund the build of our '62 Tempest tube chassis drag car. Anyway, first let me say, I do not want to argue with you. Your opinion is just that, your opinion, and you have that right. All I know is that 90% of the problem's that people have with Pay Pal, is nobody reads the guidelines set forth by them. My wife works on the fraud side of Pay Pal. She see's the same thing over and over again from people that have problems with Pay Pal, and not following procedures. Pay Pal is a "money movement system", not a bank. You need to file a "buyer complaint'. Pay Pal is a user initiated system, everything has to be done by the user (send payment, add funds, file complaint, ect....). The seller has 7 days to ship out your item from the date payment is received, to be covered by SPP (Seller Protection Policy). If you paid on 1-12-07, he has til 1-19-07 to send out your item. If you do not receive it within a fair amount of time, then I would file a buyer complaint. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Suspended

I might add, PayPal only protects items which are purchased on ebay and NOT from an individual!.....This is why dishonest sellers like PayPal because they know they can get away with it!.....Believe me, I've been through this!.....PayPal needs to change their policy to protect the buyer and not just the seller!:mad:

Old 01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

my opinion is that paypal provides a alternate way to send money instead of snailmail which i despise due to the hassle it is for me to get a money order,then to post office,if they don't list paypal as a form of payment then i usually wont bid unless it is something i must have

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 01-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the information (TrulyPMD) and input from all. What really got me pissed was in the confirmation from PayPal, it say if you have a problem with the seller to contact them to help resolve. All I really wanted was someone to advise and let me know if it shipped, or when it would, sounds pretty simple doesn't it. I"ll wait a couple of days to see if the CD shows up. If it doesn't am going to contact my credit card Co. and ask for my money back. I don't know the rules of PayPal since this was the first time I was forced to used them, but I think Judge Judy would say "They Are Acting As The Agent For Whoever They Collect Money For"

Old 01-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Suspended

issue is not paypal, but the seller is where the problem exists.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 PM

Paypal is like any other business. There are always going to be a few problems. You don't hear about the million transactions that go through without a problem but let one go bad and it's all over the internet. I have been using Paypal for several years and have never had a problem.
James

Old 01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Paypal sucks

Since paypal is not a bank, they aren't bound by laws regulating banking activity. When you signed up to use paypal, you had to agree to their "Terms of Service" agreement. The terms you agreed to are that paypal acts as their own arbitrator in disputes. The rat in charge of the cheese. Link below to an informative website with alternatives to using paypal.
PAYPAL SUCKS

Old 01-20-2007, 09:22 PM

PayPal is FANTASTIC. I use it for everything. I do not EXPECT it to reverse charges. It is NOT a credit card.

They are NOT acting as agent any more than your Bank's ATM is if you withdraw cash and use it to buy goods. Would you expect your bank to go after that person just because you paid then with cash you withdrew from an ATM? That, BTW, is the most appropriate analogy for what you are doing with PayPal.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is why I refuse to purchase with them!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScruggs
They are NOT acting as agent any more than your Bank's ATM is if you withdraw cash and use it to buy goods. Would you expect your bank to go after that person just because you paid then with cash you withdrew from an ATM? That, BTW, is the most appropriate analogy for what you are doing with PayPal.
I'll have to disagree there.
To extend your analogy; my bank doesn't charge me to use their ATM. Once I have withdrawn my money from my bank, the bank doesn't charge me a fee for spending that cash, like paypal does. The bank also doesn't charge the person I buy stuff from for the privilege of accepting my money, like paypal does. And my bank doesn't freeze my account when the person I sell something to disputes the purchase because he changes his mind or notices a scratch on a used item, etc. Like paypal does.

From this thread in the lobby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastard
Here is the problem with paypal as I see it.
They are not a bank, therefore not subject to the laws regulating bank transactions. To use paypal, you must agree to all their terms and fees. They make all the rules and serve as their own arbitrator when a deal goes bad. You really have no recourse if paypal decides to rip you off because you have already agreed to let them do it or you wouldn't be allowed to use their services.
Any reputable financial institution will offer interest if they hold your money. Paypal has megabucks tied up in people's accounts and transactions. They are making money keeping your money in their bank. Your money is drawing interest for them while they are charging you fees to handle your money. They are making money coming and going.
For everyone that says they have never had a problem with paypal, that just means you haven't had a problem with them yet. All it takes is one buyer to file a grievance and your account will be tied up for at least a month while paypal decides who to give your money to. And if your account gets frozen, Paypal allows your customers to continue sending you money at the same time they stop you from withdrawing it. (This is illegal. It's called "conversion" and is a crime in all 50 states. In addition, your customers will probably start complaining to you because they paid, but you didn't send their items.) You might not even be able to access your account to verify payment, change or remove your email addresses, or even deny payments. Now you are seeing the big problems with PayPal.
I understand that many people use the paypal system with success and are happy with it, but that doesn't mean that paypal is the best method of payment. My point is that their business practices are unethical in the way grievances are dealt with, and the loophole they use as a shield is that their patrons agreed to abide by their rules and submit to internal arbitration. And no matter who paypal sides with after arbitration, they're going to charge you both fees anyway. So paypal has no incentive to expedite the process.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:12 PM

I have to agree that your counter arguement blows some holes in my analogy but I still maintain that PayPal is by far the easiest most convienient way to do business over the internet today.

I have never had a problem and hope I never do.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Senior Chief

Pay pal dosent protect the seller either, I sold a tach on ebay and used paypal, i got confirmation, so i shipped the tach, i received the check from paypal, then 2 weeks later i get a email from paypal saying the tach was purchased fraudgentlysp?, Pay us the money back, i never sent it, so they turned it over to collections i got 2 calls aday, finally my wife said pay it, so it wont go on our credit, so i paid it out of her account. How do i know it was fraud, what if they did that to a million people a year that would be big profit, wounld'nt it. I am done with pay pal, even buying after reading this. Look at paypalsucks.com

Old 01-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

DScruggs, don't want to get into a pissing match, but I didn't agree to PayPal rules. I never signed up with PayPal. The only thing I did was give them my credit card number to receive monies to pay the seller. This money has already been removed from my Mastercard account. I will go back to Mastercard and file a dispute with them, and get my money back if the item doesn't show up next week. And I still think they act as an agent.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudagal
68coupe, a low life scam artist like you think PayPal is the problem? You actually had to pay for the items you destroyed and were lucky you were not pursued for damages and fraud by the vendors.

Are you aware that registering on a forum using false information after having been banned is in violation of Michigan Act 53 of 1977? As is using a computer for harassment? Just a warning, if you continue to attempt to register to my forums or post my personal information on line publicly I will file charges.

Admins, please do the community a favor and pull the plug on this individual.
Wow! What is this all about????

Old 01-21-2007, 10:51 AM

428PHIL, it's only been a week, I would lighten up. How was your item shipped, was it Post Office Media Mail? If it was, you have a wait on tour hands, usually 10 days minimum. This is the best choice for sellers, since it is the cheapest means for shipping cd's, dvd's, tapes, and such. The trade-off is the longer delivery time.

I personally have no problems with Paypal. I pay through them with my credit card.

I had one ebay transaction go bad. I contacted my CC co., they credited my account, and handled Paypal for me. I had no communication with Paypal at all. They did, however, e-mail me to confirm their refund to my credit card.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26667
428PHIL, it's only been a week, I would lighten up. How was your item shipped, was it Post Office Media Mail? If it was, you have a wait on tour hands, usually 10 days minimum. This is the best choice for sellers, since it is the cheapest means for shipping cd's, dvd's, tapes, and such. The trade-off is the longer delivery time.

I personally have no problems with Paypal. I pay through them with my credit card.

I had one ebay transaction go bad. I contacted my CC co., they credited my account, and handled Paypal for me. I had no communication with Paypal at all. They did, however, e-mail me to confirm their refund to my credit card.

Am not upset if it hasn't shipped, all I've been trying to do is get infromation on when it will ship. As of today no one will even tell me the status. I know it will take a few days after it's shipped, I'd just like to get confirmation on the status.