67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 69 RA IV T/A F/S on CP

guy has a original unrestored RA IV T/A,wants $695000!Is he dreaming?

Old 12-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Senior Chief

I'd like to see him bring that car now to any "winter auction" and see how big his things are to sell it no reserve. 695000? I don't think its really for sale.

www.brunoscars.com
Old 12-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holy Crap!

I would guess 2, but not 7.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Senior Chief

The only bigtime auction house thats "no reserve only" is Barrett-Jackson. Most others allow reserve. I know Mecum does and I think Russo and Steel does as well.

695K would no doubt set the bar higher ..a LOT higher.. But he does bring up an interesting comparison between 69 RA IV TA and a 70-71 Ebody Hemi pricing. He did however forget to mention that ANY F-body was built a WHOLE lot better and weighed about 200-300 ligher than the lightest Hemi Challenger or Cuda!

IMO a '69 RA IV TA looks better, was built better, is much less common and will hold its own against ANY Hemi car.

Is a 71 Hemi Cuda coupe really "worth" $1M+ ? Of course not, but thats what top examples are bringing today. Doubt he gets (all) his cash but I for one hope he does. Its about time Pontiac's finest jumps into the elite supercar limelight....

Last edited by ramair2; 12-17-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

interesting deal in the 2005 standard guide to cars and prices book.They list the RAIV engine at a 20 percent premium for a 69 RA IV bird or T/A.They also list a 10 percent premium for a 4 speed.The real weird deal they list a 50 percent premium for the 303 SCCA V-8 race engine.First time I have EVER seen anything in print for anything other than a HO 400 or RA IV.That being the case is my 69 RA V 303 T/A worth a million?LOL,Tom

Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Senior Chief

Those "value guides" are crap.

PS The 303 'option' in Standard has been there for many years.
Check out value of a 69 TA convertible. 60K or so? Thats pure comedy...

Old 12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom,

Was your car at the POCI show in Ontario California this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s
interesting deal in the 2005 standard guide to cars and prices book.They list the RAIV engine at a 20 percent premium for a 69 RA IV bird or T/A.They also list a 10 percent premium for a 4 speed.The real weird deal they list a 50 percent premium for the 303 SCCA V-8 race engine.First time I have EVER seen anything in print for anything other than a HO 400 or RA IV.That being the case is my 69 RA V 303 T/A worth a million?LOL,Tom

Old 12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

add a zero to the T/A droptop

Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer-6
add a zero to the T/A droptop
Then double the whole number.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom -beat me to it - here is the ad-

117531 69 RAM AIR IV TRANS AM

Ok here's the deal. I am the second owner. I have owned the car since 1972. I am 60 and it's getting time to retire. I have enjoyed the car for almost 35 years and its time to cash out and move on. Before I go further, it's also time to filter through the folks who are not serious buyers. Unfortunate but completely necessary I'm afraid. Ok about the TA. It has never seen rain or snow since I've owned it. Yes, that covers 35 years. The car still has almost everything Pontiac equipped it with in 1969. Entire driveline is original to this car, including carb, alt, intake, dist etc. Only things NOT original are mufflers, hoses, belts, spark plug wires starter and battery. Can't see how a car can last 35+ years without these items getting replaced. And yes, it retains its original paint. Options. Not much. TA option, RA IV, 4speed, stacked guages, rally II wheels and thats about it. The car has 38K original miles and as mentioned I am the second owner. Condition. True survivor. Is it an unused showroom car. No. Is it in excellent overall condition, looks great, needs nothing as it sits with everything in perfect working condition? You bet. I should also say that I have keenly watched the 'uptick' (classic understatement) in the market over the past 5 years. As true enthusiasts know this car is the holy graile of all hardtop TA's, bar none. I also know what pricing has been doing of late so please don't think I'm clueless. This past year, I have confirmed that one of the 8 1969 TA convertibles traded hands for 1.3 Million dollars. While I am not suggesting this car should bring that much (yet) I would say a fair comparison both in performance and value would be the 70-71 E-Body HEMI mopars. 70 Hemi cudas regularly bring 350K+ while 71 pristine examples are in excess of 1M in today's market. These are facts. With so few 69 RA IV TAs ever hitting the market (unlike Mopar E-bodies that, while rare and valuable, CAN be found and purchased), I am confident that the true market value is somewhere between the 70 and 71 Hemi Cudas. If I am wrong I do not care. I'll keep the car and someday in the not too distant future take home seven digits at a top winter auction a few years from now. I will only reply to serious buyers who know what the car is and accept the fact that this is what it will take to buy my '69 RA IV TA. Bargain hunters, e-mail haters, jealous "I shoulda, coulda" guys and plain ole nasty grams are expected but don't expect a rise or reply out of me. Won't happen. If you can convince me you truly are a serious buyer *at my price* then we can talk, share codes, come up for a visit to your heart's content. The car is the real deal and it's truly a time machine if there ever was one. Sorry if I come off a tad arrogant (I admit it probably does) but I am being absolutely straight up from the get go. Thanks for your time and best of luck to you. May you and yours have a fantastic holiday season. With best regards, Richard Anthes PRICE: $695,000 (Sorry no trades/partial trades)

Name: Richard Anthes
State: NY
Email: richardanthes@yahoo.com
Posted: 12/17/06
Number: 117531

This ad has been viewed 210 times

Respond to this ad Email this ad to a friend

Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

yes,it was at the POCI with the indoor cars.Tom

Old 12-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think he's fishing and theres nothing wrong with that. That car should bring 250 to 300 maybe 325. No way I would take that to Barrett Jackson. I still think a ra4 is not worth as much as a Yenko Camaro and I'm a huge Pontiac fan that owns a couple of ra4 cars.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought so, nice car. The license plate gave it away as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s
yes,it was at the POCI with the indoor cars.Tom

Old 12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by weranc55
I think he's fishing and theres nothing wrong with that. That car should bring 250 to 300 maybe 325. No way I would take that to Barrett Jackson. I still think a ra4 is not worth as much as a Yenko Camaro and I'm a huge Pontiac fan that owns a couple of ra4 cars.
Agree, not worth that much, but niether are the Hemi's or Yenko's.
69TA's are rare'r cause thier one year only. Hemi's and Yenko's could be had multible yrs.
And think how many more were sold.
I consider a Yenko like a Kanaffal(sp?) Pontiac FB/GTO.
Plus many TA's were probly scraped cause not many people thought of them as ultra rare cars

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 12-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe 500k being a virgin with 32k miles. A restored/put back together with repo and restamped parts would probably fetch 300k in IV/4spd form.

695k is very tall speculation. Gotta start somewhere.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Senior Chief

Is he unrealistic? I have heard of a 69 TA convert that might be changing hands for 1 million.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We've been over this sooooo many times.
It's "worth" whatever someone will pay. If there is some mega-wealthy Choad out there with more money than he knows what to do with, and he happens to fancy 69 RA T/A's, then this car could sell for it's asking price.

Or if there are two Choads, then a private bidding war might ensue.

Three Choads = new record sell price.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIVJUDGE
Is he unrealistic? I have heard of a 69 TA convert that might be changing hands for 1 million.
One sold for 1.3 last year, and from what I have heard, it has traded hands since then.

Old 12-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Suspended

i cant believe ANYBODY would put a camaro,even a yenko,above a raiv 69 ta.what are they thinking?you can pick up chevy parts out of the ditch on the side of the road.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2
i cant believe ANYBODY would put a camaro,even a yenko,above a raiv 69 ta.what are they thinking?you can pick up chevy parts out of the ditch on the side of the road.

Sounds like you make a habit of looking in ditches