Old 11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Not a Pontiac story but a car story about a Roadrunner

A friend of mine has a 1970 Roadrunner and he wanted a 4spd for it. It was originally a four speed car and he wanted it back that way so we got one and my brother and I got it put in for him. For payment he let use drive the car for the weekend. The car had been put on the dyno and is putting 414hp to the rear wheels, not stock now as you can see. It's also on the ratty looking side with it's primer spots and plain steel 10in rims in back and stock steels in front. Nice little "sleeper" except for the 3" exhuast.

Well I've been out pounding the poor old girl and beginning to feel a bit guilty about it when I see this really nice short box '69 (I think) Chevy PU pull off the highway about a mile up the road. It was lowered, big tires, orange w/white top, VERY nice looking ride. Well my guilt started melting away as the desire to race this truck took over. I pulled up beside this guy in 3rd gear @35mph and started hopping her a bit. Now this Chevy sounded hot and he had a big old monster tach on the dash. Well in 3rd the old RR was a bit boggy and I could tell by the way this guy looked over at the old RR he thought she was some old thrasher pig MoPar some hillbilly had put together. Well that was it!! I dropped her into 2nd and REALLY got the old girl to hop and that got his attention. So he just looked straight ahead and with no warning floored it. So I mashed the throttle, he lepped about a quarter panel ahead, I felt the old springs wind up on the RR and she LAUNCHED ahead a full car length in front of this guy. I grab 3rd and I get another car lenght! I look in the rear veiw and I see him shutting down. Well I wave the guy to pull up beside me and at first he wont. I try again and finally he does and I start telling him what a nice truck he has and I really ment it, IT WAS SWEAT! But the whole time I'm telling him how nice his truck is he's just stareing at the RR in shock and his buddy is rubber necking around him with this big chit eating grin on his face. The only thing the guy could say to me wasn't "Thanks, I'm glad you like my truck..." or even "f' off!" but all he could say was "WHAT THE F' YOU GOT IN THAT THING!!!" MAN I LOVED THAT!

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 11-29-2006, 02:30 PM

Lightbulb pounding the poor old girl

yes, that would be fun.
If I could only find someone that wants to play around here.
There is allot of old country roads to play on by myself though.
Next year I will go to the rack for my first time, hopefully.

74 OMEGA with 69 400 pontiac 10.5cr /350 turbo w/shift kit /12 bolt welded 4:11
Old 11-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I start telling him what a nice truck he has and I really ment it, IT WAS SWEAT! [/QUOTE]

No wonder he was still ticked, you telling him his truck was sweat! Cool story though, I stopped yesterday at a junky little trailer to look at the 69 RR under a tarp. Surprisingly solid, happy to show it to me.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmanmitch
I start telling him what a nice truck he has and I really ment it, IT WAS SWEAT!
No wonder he was still ticked, you telling him his truck was sweat! Cool story though, I stopped yesterday at a junky little trailer to look at the 69 RR under a tarp. Surprisingly solid, happy to show it to me.[/quote]

LOL! Give me a break! I only have a BS degree (get it, hmmm, hmmm). Dang it, I'm so funny. You don't learn to speell theam their beg wards like sweet till you git a Masters. LOL! That would piss me off though too. Hmmm, I better watch what I say to people!

Yep, that MoPar stuff is getting hard to find. I'd love to have a '71 RR. The guy next door to me has one and I hate him for it. Get this! He bought a house a few months ago and it had a abandoned '69 Super Bee that's just a rolling chassis with no front clip and no interior BUT the core support is still there and the vin#'s match all up on the dash and support to a 383 Super Bee. He's selling it to my brother for $500 bucks. I think every dime he puts into that thing will be returned 10X.

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato