Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Roarin 400
Default need your opinion about ride height n spring rate

my shocks are pretty much blown, and the springs dont look to be in the best of shape, so i figured i would kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do them at the same time. im probably going to get the kyb shocks, and i was looking at some eaton detroit springs. i want to raise the car up just a little.

to me the rear sits to low, im assuming that the old sagging springs dont help, but i was thinking about 1inch higher than stock in the rear and leaving the front stock, with a spring rate of about 150-160.
any input/help/advice would be awesome.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

im a big fan of the low sag look...if u change the springs and shocks...it goes way up...so in addition to the springs and shocks...maybe a taller tire to fill up the gap

Old 09-13-2006, 12:25 AM

i dont mind the way that it looks, but there have been multiple occasions where i will scrape my exhaust going over speed bumps or coming in and out of some driveways. but like i said before, the shocks/springs are pretty well shot so maybe some stock height springs n new shocks would be me just fine.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The lower the car the better the handling. I think a good height reference is to barley be able to get your chest under the car. I've never been a fan of high riding cars.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite
The lower the car the better the handling. I think a good height reference is to barley be able to get your chest under the car. I've never been a fan of high riding cars.

DIfferent people have different chests.. I cant get under my F150 and its stock height.. The GTO would be a 4x4 if I could barely get under it..lol

Our 70 sits way low in front, cut a coil off the spring when we rebuilt the front end. It scrapes on everything and just on Monday I made the mistake of backing it onto the concrete part of the driveway. Now I need another set of headers, I just put those on too. Only had about 150 miles on them. I like it low so I dont plan to lift it any. If you dont like the new altitude in front you can always cut them a bit. 1/4 coil at a time though, after its settled some

Mine decapitates ants and earthworms...

Old 09-14-2006, 02:14 PM

any thoughts on the spring rate? just curious what everybody else has.