Old 09-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Default 1973 Trans Am Value

Any input on approximate worth of a 1973 TA? Car is white with black custom deluxe interior that would rate a conservative 7-8 out of 10. It is a non-air 4-speed car. It currently does not run with the engine frozen. However, it was dailey driven in the late '80s/early 90s before being parked. Trunk appears pretty nice with minor surface rust-not sure about floor pans. Exterior body panels exhibit some surface rust mainly around bottom edge of doors and quarters. Worst area of rust is passenger side rear tail panel with actual rust through. Also, rust through around driver's side trunk hinge. All input appreciated.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a tough one. Tail panels are getting very hard to find and expensive when you do find them. The rust around the trunk hinges is a problem.

A couple of years ago, I would have estimated no more than $1500 - 2000, for such a car, but I've really missed the mark with non-running cars over the last few years.

It would probably cost $3-4K to get a fresh motor, and then you still have brakes and exhaust to worry with. I would guess a running 4-spd car with that much rust would go for $8K. I can't see paying over $4K for a car like that, assuming you wanted it for yourself.

Mike

Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree 4 to 5k without seeing any pics.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM

There was a 73' Buc red car that had an engine fire, really rough interior, auto, and parts car that went for $2500 on ebay a couple of weeks ago.