Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

Truth be known I would love to go to Dayton. The problem is that of the 4 weekends in August 3 of them are events deep into Ohio.I need to change hobby's or move to the Ohio Valley.

4th thru the 6th: The Tripower Ames Nationals in Norwalk,OH

11th thru the 13th: The Mopar Nationals (F.A.S.T. is a featured attraction) National trails, Columbus,OH

18th thru the 20th : OFF

25th thru the 27th: 22nd annual TA Nationals Dayton,OH

That would be like 70 hours of driving for a hobby. What would your wife say? Thats like $2000.00 in gas alone.

I can't be the only one with this problem. Tri power is billed as the Biggest Pontiac event in the nation!

If It isnt for Cliff I would'nt be able to make any of them.

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jay:

I feel your pain. My wife wouldn't be happy either. I was just bustin your balls.

Actually, if you want to come to the Woodward Dream Cruise you could fill the weekend of the 20th also. It's the biggest cruise in the world.

Would this engine pass for F.A.S.T. legal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1974 SD-455 Trans Am 075.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	56944  

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 06-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

I have seen the Dream Cruise on the TV show...."My Classic car" With Dennis Gage. I actually got a quik pic of him by my car in the spring.

I think the question is not if your (perfect) engine bay will pass tech....It's if the owner will blow the dust out of the cylinders down the 1/4 mile?

Between the two of you(and your 3 cars) it seems like I could get one SD to race me? You have seen me lose once...it's a sure thing right? Mr. Aragona has Balls enough to have some fun with his Toy!!!

How bout a Kodak moment? Or two?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gage.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	56945  

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 06-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Senior Chief

Cool

I think I could go to some kind of car event every weekend if I had the time. I stay pretty busy with my kids and my career . I try to go to at least 2 or 3 out of state shows. Usually STARS in Florida and The T/A Nationals. Last year I did the POCI show and that was really nice.

I definetely could get to more events if I lived farther north. There are alot more major car events in the north than way down here in Georgia. I live in the middle of the Georgia so getting to Dayton is a 12 hour journey. If I didn't love 2nd Gen Trans Am's so much I would never do that trip. Pulling my 78 Trans Am on a trailer through Tenn and Kentucky is no fun..LOL.

Either way I am looking forward to The National's this year. I would love to move to Tennessee, Kentucky, Western N.C, or Virginia.....Wife is really wanting to move away from here. Too damn hot in summer and humid, so we are starting to give some serious consideration should the right career opportunity presents itself.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 06-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark,

The Major shows this year I have made it to already are prob more than the averager Bear. Plus the Sat nite cruises and locals.

January- World of Wheels Chattanooga,TN
February- World of Wheels Atlanta,Ga
April- Year One Experience Road Atlanta,Ga
May- Pontiacs in the Park Virginia motorsports park
June- Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge Pigeon Forge ,TN
Stock appearing drags Martin,Michigan

Plus the planned ones:

August -Ames Tripower Natls Norwalk,OH
Mopar nats (F.A.S.T.) Columbus,Oh

November-F.A.S.T. Finals Englishtown Raceway Park(Old bridge,NJ)

STARS is the same weekend as Years One's show this year..or I would have been there.

Most all are first time events for me just to see what the good one's are for planning next year.

I told my wife I could be at the Bar with my single friends!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Senior Chief

Smile

I didn't even know they had the world of wheels anymore, they used to come to Macon, but not in many years. I almost took a position around Chattanooga last year and decided not too. I was in Knoxville last week visiting relatives and we rode over to Pigeon Forge and there were muscle cars everywhere.

I think I would love living around there and it would put me alot closer to other car events too, other than STARS. I am going to get to one of those YEAR ONE shows one day. Even if I lived in Atlanta I could be involved in alot more.

Car shows are definetely good clean fun though. My wife has no interest period in any of my car activities other than tolerating them, but she'd rather I be doing that than hitting bars or drinking all day on the golf course with the boys...LOL.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The ISCA World of Wheels made it's first run thru Atlanta in about 7-8 yrs in 2006. I think it had to do with the expansion of the World Congress beside the Ga dome.

In the 80's my buddies and I went every year.

I thought it would be cool to have my car in it one year.It is going to be a reg event now, I think. Early Feb.But... one time was enough for me(a ton of work).You have to baby sit your car all weekend(3 days) as well as your display. No one seems to watch their kids at these shows. It is ridiculous telling someone elses child to "behave"....with their parents 5 feet away.

If I was not there my car WOULD have been damaged by kids swinging on my ropes and pulling the stanchions into the car. Sometimes the ropes were just ignored....not by just kids.

As far as my wife though...If I took up tree climbing she would be right there on the limb beside me...asking how high we could go? And she loves Beer(Coors light)..my brand. Hard deal to beat..hope I dont mess it up.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Senior Chief

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qikta
As far as my wife though...If I took up tree climbing she would be right there on the limb beside me...asking how high we could go? And she loves Beer(Coors light)..my brand. Hard deal to beat..hope I dont mess it up.

LOL...Jay...She Loves Beer, Thats all you have to tell me for me to know you got a good woman.........Wish you guys could come drink some beer in Dayton at the Hooters with us.

I usually let loose a little on Friday night but I will be good until I get back from the Tipp City cruise Saturday night...

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 06-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guys:

rwinkles and I were at the Great Lakes Regional Firebird Gathering this weekend and took home some hardware. I took second in Light Mod and he took first in the same class.

Why were we in Light Mod you ask? Because we have oversize tires on the car. One guy had three inch tall speaker grilles in the rear deck over shag carpet and was in stock class. Go figure!

It was the second annual event and there were only 74 car registered. It was 80 dgrees and sunny both days. I think the gas prices are keeping the kids at home. Last year they had 109 cars.

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 06-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know between the two of you someone brought a digital camera...Right?

Lets see!!!!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

I hope people are just saving up for the Nationals, I hope they get a good turnout. I know the STARS show in Florida was the same way this year, down on attendance.

I am kinda dreading the gas I will have to spend this year to trek from Georgia to Ohio. Not sure I will make it next year, but I am commited to all the guys at www.transamcountry.com to be there this year.

Less than 2 months away.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 06-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark,

I was wondering that myself. You have been to STARS in the last few years. What is the normal car count? This year?

How is the Party situation on fri and Sat nite.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Senior Chief

Jay I didn't make it this year since we just had a newborn boy, but I had been to all 4 shows previously. In 2005 We had like 108 cars or so, but I heard they were down to about 80 this year.

As far as party, there is plenty to do around there and Saturday night they do a cruise to this restauraunt in Destin and then everyone heads over to a club called "Howl at the Moon" right on Ft. Walton Beach, It's a blast. I plan on being back next year, should be alot of fun and hopefully the turnout will be bigger.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am