Old 05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

bobD-
that is one sweet ride! I think those colors go very well together. I have an unrestored '70 Conv. It is originally black and black but I am not a fan of black. I have been planning on restoring it with Mint Turquiose paint and either black or Sandalwood int.
thanks for sharing the pics.
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 05-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Then that's one of 171 455,4SPDS BUILT in Oshawa.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:58 AM

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. Still loking for a set of chrome wheel well mouldings to finish off the look. I think either the black or sandlewood interior would look good with this color.

Great web site. I'll be spending more time looking at it. Thanks!

Bob
LI New York

Old 05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought the car in '86 and when i got it home,i looked in the glove box and there was the original owners manual and some of the purchase info.The car was shipped to a maine dealer when new.So i called information to see if the original owner still was around and they still lived in that town.So i called and they were surprised the car was still around and they loved that car.They said theyd look through some photo albums for a pic and they sent me this pic.When i found it it was still in the same town that it was shipped to originally.I didnt even know it was a 455 when i bought it,then i did some research to find out it was a # matching 455,with a # matching m21 and original rear.The front shocks are the spiral type still so they might original also.My goal is to put it back to mint tur. and the stripe.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Scott,
Nice story and nice ride. Got any new pictures?

Bob D.
LI NY

Old 05-21-2006, 09:46 PM

Default re:scott70's mint GTO

hey..my mint(code 34) judge is also a canadian car(#1 in VIN)....i guess they liked turquoise cars up there

Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess so,lol.When i bought mine in 86,the guy i bought it off had just painted white from the original mint paint.I didnt like that and had it painted cardinal red with white gto stickers.Now i plan on the mint.t paint with the black stickers and find out which color combo (code722)stripe is supposed to be on it.I guess there was only 171 455/4sp to come out of oshawa,of that i dought many were mint.t.And yours being a judge with that color would be pretty rare.Illl put up a pic of my car now as soon as get the dig. camera out.Pete mccarthy sent me a bunch of info like this along time ago,ive got it somewhere.Mine still has the original light brown interior(255 code??),no floor console,power steering and power brakes.