Old 04-23-2006, 05:42 PM

Default ? Original style rad. hose clamps used in '59

Trying to find correct type radiator hose clamps for '59 models w/389 (4 barrel).
Did search in this forum but no luck. Would appreciate help finding new replacement clamps that would be correct. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:40 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

The '59 Pontiac shop manual shows all spring-type clamps. Engine pictures show spring clamps on the hoses from the water pump out to the heads, but don't show the radiator hoses. The only picture I could find of radiator hoses is this one of the air-ride compressor, so I don't know if all 59s had the section of metal tubing in the upper radiator hose or not.
I think you can buy spring clamps new. If not, post here again, and I'll look through some junk. I doubt I have a full set, but think I have some.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spring_clamp0001.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	50956  

Old 04-25-2006, 04:12 PM

Default '59 hose clamps

Pontiac Jack: Thanks for your most helpful reply. I had searched the manuals and parts book but had not looked in the Air Spring Suspension section where the illustration (Fig. 3A-11) you attached came from. I found another clue hidden on page 6A-11 where special tool J-5284 (Corbin Hose Clamp Pliers) is illustrated. So, thanks to you, problem solved. I appreciate you offer to find some clamps in your stores but I think these wire clamps are available via PY