Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Senior Chief

Default Quick Fuel Cell Question

Hey,

I inspected my Fuel Cell today, I found that the foam in it was flakey, and brittle. I took it out. And my question is can I leave the foam out? and also put a check valve on the vent to keep the fuel from overflowing out on hard stops? It is a RCI 8 gal. Thanks

Old 04-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Chief

Default Quick Fuel Cell Question

Hey,

I inspected my Fuel Cell today, I found that the foam in it was flakey, and brittle. I took it out. And my question is can I leave the foam out? and also put a check valve on the vent to keep the fuel from overflowing out on hard stops? It is a RCI 8 gal. Thanks

Old 04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69redbird
Hey,

I would buy replacement foam although they work just fine without. Cars using methanol cant use the foam. It deteriorates as yours has.

My Daddy bought me a car but all I got was this old Pontiac.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

leave it out is ok......but clean cell out real good. hope you had a nice fuel filter.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would replace it with a 10 gal. or more because I can't go 7 rds. with a 5 or even 8 gal tank. The track we race at used to make you come back to the lanes after a win, and then you would have to hustle your s--t to the lanes. I got my 10 gal. on the way from Summit, and of course they are letting you go to your pit now, between races, till the quarters, then its right back to the lanes.