Old 01-08-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Need Help: Front End conversion...

I need your help. I have a 70 GTO with manual drum brakes and I'm looking to switch it over to power front disc and at the same time do the entire front end (control arm bushings, upper and lower and all of the front end parts). I have heard that there are many companies out there that offer the complete front end kits. Can anyone recommend a good brand/kit from your experience?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Moog. Napa has decent stuff too...

Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you looking for all of the parts to do the brake conversion, also?
There are kits out there for this, and most (if not all) use the 1971-up style stand-off valve from the master cylinder. That would be the way to go, since the 1970 parts are unique to 1970, and can be a pain to find.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:57 AM

Yes, I'd like to replace the entire front end and convert it to power disc at the same time. I'm looking for a complete kit(s) that would include all the hardware for the brake conversion as well as the front end parts. I was looking to you guys for suggestions/recommendation on particular kits/vendors.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:13 AM

I'm looking for a kit such as this one http://www.p-s-t.com/gm/gmfdbkconv.html#1 but again, I wanted to hear from you guys if you preferred any particular make.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought all my front end hardware from Summitracing. They got fair prices, and everything I needed from Moog, including the center link. I'm pretty sure PY or Ames has drum to disc kits. Don't forget the proportioning valve.