Old 01-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Interior Question on 78 T/A

I installed a MSD 6AL Ignition on my 78 T/A and now the tach dosen't work, the instructions from MSD said that this might happen. The solution for this is to run a wire from the MSD Ignition box to the tach. My question is: after I have removed the three screws just above the speedo / tach / gauge panel it won't budge....what am I missing ???? I have tried to get at the tach from under the dash but couldn't even see the tach.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:06 PM

there are two under the dash to take off steering cover there are two long screws with nut heads that need to come out

Old 01-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

don't go to all that trouble.
from under the hood, just remove the factory tach wire from where it plugs under the dist cap.
connect a jumper wire from the end connector of the tach wire, over to the connection on the MSD.