Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 05-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone remember the spacers that Knafel and Royal used to use under the ball joints on the drag cars?? Anyone know who might still have some that could be measured??? I think Honest Charley used to sell em too, but that was a few years ago. And most people my age have no clue what I'm even talking about. So I guess I need a little help from some old timers.

Old 05-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone remember the spacers that Knafel and Royal used to use under the ball joints on the drag cars?? Anyone know who might still have some that could be measured??? I think Honest Charley used to sell em too, but that was a few years ago. And most people my age have no clue what I'm even talking about. So I guess I need a little help from some old timers.

Old 05-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well that was what I figured... Well how about a Ram Air V distributor then???

Old 05-20-2003, 05:24 AM

i know what you're talking about regarding the spacers, but i've not seen any in years.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Senior Chief

I just bought a pair off ebay. I don't know who made them. They are angled. Shorter on the inside and taller on the outside. The dimensions are 1 3/8" on the inside and 1 3/4" on the outside.I will try to use them with some six cylinder springs or maybe some tall skinny moroso ones. I'll try to get them in this week.

Old 05-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok I'll bite,what are they.Pics would be nice

Save the Blue Bug!

Old 05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well they use to sell them in JC Whitney and that catalog has not changed in years. It must have been a real hot seller for JC to discontinue it.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ohhhh, nice job!!! Rossville. That's about 15 mins from me. Think I could come take a look and eyeball em for a minute or two?? I'll make you a racetrack deal...a free distributor job...what do ya think??

Old 05-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Senior Chief

Sun Tuned
Perfect. I have an old Mallory dual point distributor from the 60's on the way. Maybe you could look it over for me when it comes in. I want to hook it up to an old Mallory magspark coil I have. I wanted to stick the spacers in the car this week but I'll wait for you to see them. Email me