Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-09-2001, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ANyone have any experience with these? I'm looking at a set to mount on some 255/60/15 Eagle GT II's. I see Classic Industries has then for $339/set where as Summit/Jegs are around $96/ea.

Will a 7" Pontaic Rally trim ring fit on these wheels? Which back spacing, 4" or 4.5" would be better for my 76 Trans Am. Any info you could provide would be appreciated

Old 09-09-2001, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ANyone have any experience with these? I'm looking at a set to mount on some 255/60/15 Eagle GT II's. I see Classic Industries has then for $339/set where as Summit/Jegs are around $96/ea.

Will a 7" Pontaic Rally trim ring fit on these wheels? Which back spacing, 4" or 4.5" would be better for my 76 Trans Am. Any info you could provide would be appreciated

Old 09-09-2001, 02:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have two pairs of 15x8 Rally IIs, one pair from Wheel Vintiques and the other from Stockton Wheels. The quality on both is good but I'd rate the stocktons a bit nicer.

Plan on painting the wheels since the colors both companies use to paint the wheels are incorrect. The Wheel Vintiques paint looks gray instead of argent silver.

You should be able to run a 4.5" backspacing. My 255/60/15 Eagle GT II's fit fine, even with the rear leafs dearched 2 1/2 inches. I'm pretty sure I could run a 5 inch backspace, but I'd have get creative with the exhaust pipes.

I'm not using any trim rings, but the depth looks okay. The Stockton Wheel inner lip is taller and my get in the way though. A buddy has my Wheel Vintiques right now since the ET streets are mounted on them so I can't measure them.

I didn't try to install the trim ring because I don't want to scratch the paint. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you order from Stockton, expect a 6 week lead time since they don't keep stock on the shelf.

Let me know if you want any pictures.

Dave

Old 09-09-2001, 02:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Forgot to add that not all of the wheels will have the three notches for mounting the center cap. I had to cut them in 3 out of 4 wheels.

Dave

Old 09-09-2001, 02:36 PM
Senior Chief

I had the same thing on my wheels. Two of them didn't have the notches for the center cap. I bought the locks from PY, and got the center caps on without notching.

[This message has been edited by MitchGM (edited 09-09-2001).]

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

"More tears are shed from answered prayers, than unanswered prayers"
Old 09-09-2001, 02:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I installed the locks for the center caps after I notched the wheels. Never thought of just using the locks.

The reason I use the locks and no trim rings is I don't want a center cap or a trim ring flying off at the local track.

They should make the center caps harder to "borrow".

Dave

Old 09-10-2001, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rocky,

I would agree with 455Dave that a 4.5" backspacing is the way to go with these wheels.

4" might rub on the outer wheelwell lips, but almost no chance of that with 4.5".

-Will