Old 04-23-2002, 11:17 PM

A friend of mine and I are trying to figure out if the '70 GTO valance he has is NOS or a repro. It is a steel lower front valance that was purchased back in '94. When were the repros first made? And as far as the turn signals pods, how deep are they supposed to be? There seems to be information saying that these turn signal wells on some NOS lower front valances were made improperly, casuing the turn signals themselves not to seat properly. What is the correct depth of these? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:17 PM

A friend of mine and I are trying to figure out if the '70 GTO valance he has is NOS or a repro. It is a steel lower front valance that was purchased back in '94. When were the repros first made? And as far as the turn signals pods, how deep are they supposed to be? There seems to be information saying that these turn signal wells on some NOS lower front valances were made improperly, casuing the turn signals themselves not to seat properly. What is the correct depth of these? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Senior Chief

Can't tell you what the depth is just that if you put the park light assembly in it will fit but stick out to far to fix just cut spot welds and move bracket back do it before paint I found out the hard way and had to fix on the car after paint
Another Lesson From The School Of Hard Knocks

Old 04-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I checked mine with the lamp pods AND the fillers. Found them to be welded incorrectly, so using the filler as a guide I cut then re-welded the brackets to the correct depth.

If you don't use the filler as the guide, you could end up welding them on at the wrong angle and then the filler won't line up flush with the valence...

Hope that helps

Don

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/
Old 04-26-2002, 11:53 PM

I plan to install filler, pods, etc into my lower valance, 70 GTO, tomorrow. What are you guys talking about? Does the filler "stick out" past the valance panel or what? Just checking mine out, they appear to be lining up with the panel pretty good. However, I don't know what the bolt/screw situation is. The valence looks like it has a spot for a gromet or plastic insert--it's a square hole. What holds the pod/filler/lens/bezel assembly together? Thanks for any info.

Old 04-27-2002, 12:05 AM
Senior Chief

if your filler fits flush then you'er laughing it fits fine as for the square holes there for nylon plugs similar to the ones that hold your lisence plate on but smaller the signal lite and filler are held on with the screw that holds the signal lite lens in