Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tikiklubracing, since we have you here I'd like to ask you this. Can your local track rules negate NHRA rules? Let's say in the case of steering wheels, can they say that at their track 12" wheels are the minimum? What if they were to say a 10" wheel was allowed? I'm not trying to raise hell at my local track because my local track is 8hrs away. Just wondering because a looong time ago I went to a Pontiac event at Maple Grove. One of the local racers was looking at my car in the pits and told me that my 1/2" aluminium fuel line would not pass tech (local rule). He said no aluminium fuel lines were allowed, I past anyway but he had me worried. ... Eric.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tikiklubracing, since we have you here I'd like to ask you this. Can your local track rules negate NHRA rules? Let's say in the case of steering wheels, can they say that at their track 12" wheels are the minimum? What if they were to say a 10" wheel was allowed? I'm not trying to raise hell at my local track because my local track is 8hrs away. Just wondering because a looong time ago I went to a Pontiac event at Maple Grove. One of the local racers was looking at my car in the pits and told me that my 1/2" aluminium fuel line would not pass tech (local rule). He said no aluminium fuel lines were allowed, I past anyway but he had me worried. ... Eric.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:25 PM
On Vacation

NHRA is the minimum. Tracks cannot legally allow less than that and keep their sanctioning.

They can, however, allow more or more strict rules, at their discretion.

Causin' pain like two bad nurses.....

Old 05-21-2003, 05:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Goatman is right. Local tracks have all kinds of different rules from each other and have the right to make these rules as long as they don't go below NHRA mins. There is a section in the back of the book called, Decisions by the Event Director, meaning the track owner, Div. Director, or National director. It's a rule that gives the owner power to make timely decisions to end disputes by racers in order to keep the races going and not have to shutdown and wait for a decision from Div. These decisions tend to become the norm or rule at your track, right or wrong. Example; The rule book states that every car must have one working tailight for night operation. Some tracks make you tech the tailight to see if it works. Some tracks with good lighting ignore this, and one track has this rule; If, at night, one racer has no tail light and the other redlights they are both out of the race. One track says "if your going to deep stage you must do it quickly and another says both cars must prestage 1st before both can stage". Like I said these rules tend to become the policy of the local track, right or wrong.

When usure ask. BIGGERISBETTER-78 Catalina 400 .060, 3.73 spool, :TH350. 15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Check em out, www.nhra.com. or www.ihra.com or to find tracks www.chasinracin.com