Old 12-31-2000, 10:33 PM

Dan Jenson, This question is for you and anyone else that may know...On the '71-'72 A body cars with the endura option, there are two stabilizer bars that attach to the top of the endura frame and extend to the underside of the top of the core support. They are there to dampen vibration. There are two rubber bushings there that the bars slide into. The original part number for these bushings was 9799960. I am trying to find some, NOS or used but I was wondering if anyone knew if these were used in earlier cars of anykind maybe for another purpose. I know the '68-'69 GTO did not use them. 9799960 is not a 1971 part number and this number origin dates to 1970. Did the '70 GTO use them? By the way, if you have a pair of used ones, I need them!

------------------

Old 12-31-2000, 10:33 PM

Dan Jenson, This question is for you and anyone else that may know...On the '71-'72 A body cars with the endura option, there are two stabilizer bars that attach to the top of the endura frame and extend to the underside of the top of the core support. They are there to dampen vibration. There are two rubber bushings there that the bars slide into. The original part number for these bushings was 9799960. I am trying to find some, NOS or used but I was wondering if anyone knew if these were used in earlier cars of anykind maybe for another purpose. I know the '68-'69 GTO did not use them. 9799960 is not a 1971 part number and this number origin dates to 1970. Did the '70 GTO use them? By the way, if you have a pair of used ones, I need them!

------------------

Old 01-01-2001, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Randy:
9799960 is the p/n for the stabilizer. It was used on the '70 nose and is the '70 p/n. Unfortunately I do not know where to obtain these rubber supports. Sound like another part to put on the wish list from PY.

------------------
"Run wild with an Indian, not with the crowd in a Chevy"

Check out my restoration at http://members.aol.com/jetmech15/gto

Old 01-04-2001, 09:26 PM

Hi Randy,

Haven't talked to you in a long while. I hope everything is fine out your way!

Randy, I don't have any of those stabilizer bar cushions. I do recall my '71 GTO having them on when I bought it, and they are probably still there. With the filler panel on top, I've forgotten whether or not they are still in place. Must be since I haven't heard any noise.

Good luck in your search!

Old 01-10-2001, 08:22 PM
Senior Chief

Randy nice to see you back on the board.
The stabilizers you need, as far as I know are not available from any aftermarket vendors. At least not when I was looking.
Other then being on the 70 gto, you will also find them on the 70 lemans with the chrome bumper. That's were I found mine so I know they are there. Mike