Old 09-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ken, i have the same problem with almost teh same engine combo as you. i put a Severe duty fan clutch, new pump, and all that stuff. althoe im still running a 3 core radiator the car runs hot on the interstate if you put her to 3k or so, but once your in town no matter how hot it is outside it drops to 180-190 and stay there. i have been told the 3.73 gears and that high of an rpm for such an extended duration of time is what causes it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] i dont know thoe....We put car on 4gas analyzer and rollers at the shop and the Co lvls were perfect at 3000-6000 rpms, and i was running like 30 degrees total timing. with a Qjet with no mods. im going to swap to 3.23 gears this week hopefully and give it a try. if this solves my problem you may wana try the same [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Also i saw some aluminum stock style pontiac water pumps with cast impellers for sale some where...ill post it if i can find it again
Mike

Old 09-24-2002, 05:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Iv been lucky not to have to many problems with cooling, but I noticed somthing in your post about Rpms and not air flow, do you have stock pullyes? a different dia pully would change water circulation at different rpms. just a thought. also I had a freind whou chassed and chassed a cooling problem on a fresh rebuild, and years later it turned out to be a cracked block. but had no signs of water in the wrong places. do you have a preasue tester? If you want to pay the shiping I can loan it to you,this is the stannent type, that preasurizes the system ataching at the cap,with its own gage and such. Ray

8.90 @157 mph 3424 LBS. 77 Trans Am All Steel, on 10" tires

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!