Old 03-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Can anyone describe where the wiring for the wiper motor should pass through the firewall on my 67 GTO? I am in the process of converting an old racecar into a killer street cruiser. All none essential items had been removed and all I have of the wiper wiring is 4 wires snipped way under the dash.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Can anyone describe where the wiring for the wiper motor should pass through the firewall on my 67 GTO? I am in the process of converting an old racecar into a killer street cruiser. All none essential items had been removed and all I have of the wiper wiring is 4 wires snipped way under the dash.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The wiper wiring is part of the Headlight harness. You would need to resplice into or replace that harness, as it plugs into the fuse block via the fire wall harness connector.
I hope that makes sence and/or helps.
Good Luck.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:17 PM

I just got done putting my new dash in. In my 67, the wiper harness goes straight from the wiper switch to the motor. It passes through a hole in the firewall to the left of the fusebox. There is a large groumet (split) that seals the hole around the wire.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:37 PM

Thanks Topdown, I was hoping that there was a separate passage. The wiring diagram did not indicate the wiring passing through the bulkhead connectors at the fuse box. Although the diagram that I got leave a lot ot be desired!

Old 03-25-2005, 04:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry guys I suffer from 66idus.
And I have a 67' over in the shop
Anyhow pg12-38 veiw "a" is the only thing showing the WW branch and your right it leaves alot to guess about.
Good Luck.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:53 PM

I was wondering if any of you knows what wires go from what post on the wiper switch on a 65. I have a color diagram but it doesn't show the prong each wire comes from and without that I am afraid I am stuck in the mud. Thanks for any help you can provide.