Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-30-2000, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just had my cam reground at Ultradyne and I need new lifters. Which are the best for street / strip. My block has the restrictors installed, should I run them or not? I read where some Mech. roller lifters don't need them. THANKS...ERIC V.

Old 01-30-2000, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just had my cam reground at Ultradyne and I need new lifters. Which are the best for street / strip. My block has the restrictors installed, should I run them or not? I read where some Mech. roller lifters don't need them. THANKS...ERIC V.

Old 01-30-2000, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used the Comp solid rollers in my SD motor with success. The motor Im currently building will use the Crowers. The thing to remember is these are throw away pieces. Inspect them on a regular basis and have a few spares on hand. Part of the price for running a roller on the street.
As far as restricting oil, I build strictly street motors and the oil is necessary to cool the springs.

[This message has been edited by Tom McQueen (edited 01-30-2000).]

Old 01-31-2000, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We have run Crower roller lifters for many years with no restrictors and have had no problems.

Sponsor of the world's fastest Pontiac powered Ford Fairmont (engine)
5.14 at 140 mph (1/8 mile) , true 10.5 tire, stock type suspension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE
Old 01-31-2000, 10:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have used the Crowers without resrictors for years with no problems. I just bought another set (about a month ago) and the current lifters are completely different from the same Crower part number bought just a year ago. The roller is a little wider and the lifter height is taller. I called Crower and they told me that this is the "new, improved design" I asked if I could still get a single or a set of the "old" roller lifters and they told me no. If you break an "old" lifter, it can not be replaced and you will have to have 2 odd (shorter) pushrods in your motor. I am kind of disappointed with Crower not supporting their "old" product.

Old 02-01-2000, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I run Comp Cams roller lifters as I've seen some real heavy units out there (I won't say who's). Keep the lifter as light as you can. Pontiacs have a lifter webbing suport problem anyway without 10lb (Ha,Ha) units.