Old 04-30-2003, 08:34 AM

Hello. I don't know a thing about GPs and a friend says that someone gave him a Grand Prix that has 8 lug drums[no wheels] and 2+2 emblems. He would like to know if the 2+2s were 421s. If so, what years were they 421s and is a 421 worth anything? He wants to part it and would like to know what are the key parts? He says the interior is mint. Are their seats the same as GTOs or A bodys? He has no clue to what year this is.
Thanks for any info and HAVE A GREAT DAY! Karl.

Old 04-30-2003, 08:34 AM

Hello. I don't know a thing about GPs and a friend says that someone gave him a Grand Prix that has 8 lug drums[no wheels] and 2+2 emblems. He would like to know if the 2+2s were 421s. If so, what years were they 421s and is a 421 worth anything? He wants to part it and would like to know what are the key parts? He says the interior is mint. Are their seats the same as GTOs or A bodys? He has no clue to what year this is.
Thanks for any info and HAVE A GREAT DAY! Karl.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If there is anyway you could post pics it would make it very easy. They had 421s from '64-'66. With out seeing any pics its near impossible to tell what year it is. The motor is worth some $ as long as its not damaged. How bad is the car? I hate to hear someone parting one out if its saveable.

Give me a thumbs up, tell me "Nice Car!", but for god's sake, don't call it an Impala.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And just to clarify, its either a Grand Prix or a 2+2. They are two differnt models. A GP is a GP and a 2+2 is a performance option package on a Catalina like the GTO was for the LeMans.

Give me a thumbs up, tell me "Nice Car!", but for god's sake, don't call it an Impala.

Old 04-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

65-66 2+2's came with a 421 standard.
The 64's did not!
It was optional!

Grand Prix's Never came with the 2+2 badges.
Grand Prix's were their own models from 63 on up.

Usually I'm found working on my Pontiac. If you want to find me Look for the white picket fence and all the old Pontiacs parked outside. And the half dissembled engine sprawled all over the driveway!

Old 04-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I know. But he asked when they were available.