Old 06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to SGTGTO

I took mine out, and I need to know the specs for their alignment.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to SGTGTO

I took mine out, and I need to know the specs for their alignment.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just put my car out in the driveway and use the garage door as a 'screen' and adjust them that way. Then I take the car for a ride down the street to see how they illuminate and make minor adjustments from there.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Different states have different reguirements for head light alignment. Ask you motor vechicle dept.

Old 06-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goathead68:
I just put my car out in the driveway and use the garage door as a 'screen' and adjust them that way. Then I take the car for a ride down the street to see how they illuminate and make minor adjustments from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I,ve got to go with goathead68 on this one the hight of every car is differant. And you will be able set yours up the best way for your ride, and the safest too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunocologo.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	14447  

Old 06-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to 1-GTO

I do the same thing as Goathead68.....use a garage door or a white wall to shine my lights on and adjust according to the ride height or how far I want the lights to shine outward and inward.The old garages I used to take my GTO to when having it serviced had a tool they placed on the headlights for adjusting.Some times the adjustment will be different when your using the original T-3 headlights or if you have switched to Hologen headlights.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Suspended

specs are given in service manual.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:44 PM

If he had the service manual he woundn't be asking the "forum"

76 50th annv. T/A
Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 PM

It is in the service manual. First "reproduction" item everyone should buy. However, here is the best way to set them up so they will be real close to "right" without taking it to a shop. Find a flat parking lot with a concrete wall. Line the center of the car up to one of the painted stall dividers on the ground.
measure from the ground to the center of your headlights. Draw this horizontal center line on the wall using a piece of chalk. If you don't have any, just ask one of the young "artists" usually found lurking about said parking lot, they are sure to have some. draw the vertical center of each headlight on the centerline. Back up 25 ft. from the wall using the stall divider as a reference to keep the car centered. Headlights should be centered on the horizontal line. The left edge of intensity for each low beam should be about 2" to the right of the vertical center of each light. Adjust the high beams so that the intensity is centered. All of this must be done under the cover of darkness, on a moonless night ;O)
Be sure to "tag" your "art" before you leave. Who knows, might catch on, and the mystic design will start showing up on walls all over your town.
This should get you close enough to be able to tweak it from there.