Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This can only be found in a wierd place. On pg. 47 of 03 book, under, Class: Super/Street sect. 3 under steering...The size is 11"....Safety 1st...

When usure ask. BIGGERISBETTER-78 Catalina 400 .060, 3.73 spool, :TH350. 15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Check em out, www.nhra.com. or www.ihra.com or to find tracks www.chasinracin.com

Old 05-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This can only be found in a wierd place. On pg. 47 of 03 book, under, Class: Super/Street sect. 3 under steering...The size is 11"....Safety 1st...

When usure ask. BIGGERISBETTER-78 Catalina 400 .060, 3.73 spool, :TH350. 15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Check em out, www.nhra.com. or www.ihra.com or to find tracks www.chasinracin.com

Old 05-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes but that only applies to a Super Street Class car, not an ET bracket car.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 05-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I brought this question up at the Div. 3 Tech seminar. I asked just that question and they said go to S/Street, and find it there. I tried to get the book changed but to no avail. NHRA's official answer was 11"min. on ALL full bodied cars, regardless of class! This is why I posted this tip because of what I feel is a mistake in the book in not printing a min. size in each catagory.. Ya win some and ya lose some

Old 05-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Division 7 does not think that. Super Street, and the specifications that go with Super Street are only specific to Super Street. There are specific specifications in every class that are in direct conflict with the Basic Specifications.

If you consider this as gospel, that 11 inch is the minimum because the Super Street specification says so then how does Funny Car, Top Fuel get away with a butterfly steering wheel. How, because it specifically says so in the Funny Car and Top Fuel Specificaton. Nope the 11 inch only applies to the Super Streer Class.

Personally, I would not run anything smaller than 11 inch in a door slammer.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 05-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Floppers and dragsters are not considered full bodied cars.I Don't the write gospel just sing it. Out there in 7, ask your Div. Tech and I'll bet they will tell you they don't know what size wheel is permitted in ET. That is why I researched it for a racer, that asked me, that question. Boy did I open a can of worms. Oh well, rules changes have to be in by June, so I guess I'll have to try one more time to get the book clarified.