Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is just an off track tip; The local county sheriffs dept. decided to pull a trailer roadblock on the road to the track. What were they looking for? License plates on trailers! So save a few bucks and get those plates.

When usure ask. BIGGERISBETTER-400 .060, 3.73 spool, :TH350. 15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Check em out, www.nhra.com. or www.ihra.com or to find tracks www.chasinracin.com

Old 05-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is just an off track tip; The local county sheriffs dept. decided to pull a trailer roadblock on the road to the track. What were they looking for? License plates on trailers! So save a few bucks and get those plates.

When usure ask. BIGGERISBETTER-400 .060, 3.73 spool, :TH350. 15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Check em out, www.nhra.com. or www.ihra.com or to find tracks www.chasinracin.com

Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Huh... and to think that the wife and I drove clear across the country without plates on our trailer and never even got a second look...

Of course, we had the paperwork in the truck, the plates just hadn't arrived yet.

Also, who else here rivets their plate to the fender on the trailer? The scumbags in CA make it pretty much mandatory to prevent the plate from being stolen.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In some states no plate is needed [Tenn.]

Old 05-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ah yes, Hamilton County's finest doing what the do best!
Why do you think I moved across the border!!!!

Steve, back in 92 me and Nagai both got speeding tickets for going 41 in the 35 zone on East Miami the week after they repaved it. Prior to that you couldn't go 35 down it if your life depended on it! He followed both of us from the soccer fields into the track and wrote us tickets blocking the entrance on one side.

P.S. I do have legal tags, lights, brakes, everything.

Old 05-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rob, What a trip! We were just talking about Nagai this past weekend, wondering if we would ever see him again. Is he still racing? I moved to Butler Co. to beat their high tax rates. 600.00 a yr. as compared to 2500.00 for Hamilton county.. 1900.00 more to blow on parts.

When usure ask. BIGGERISBETTER-78 Catalina 400 .060, 3.73 spool, :TH350. 15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Check em out, www.nhra.com. or www.ihra.com or to find tracks www.chasinracin.com

Old 05-21-2003, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I read an article in one of the drag racing publications about trailers, tow vehicles and CDL license requirements. I seems that in some states enforce the 18,000 and up weight rule which requires drivers to have a CDL and a log book. They would also require you to stop at all port of entries. Just having "For Private Use Only" or "Not for Hire" won't cut it. Large goosenecks and large stacker trailers and any one pulling with a large motorcoach--be warned. Also the trailer would require placards for flamables if you have race gas on board. What a bunch of bureaucratic crap.

fasteddy

Old 05-21-2003, 07:35 AM

Fast eddy, you are right. A friend of mine got stopped two weeks ago in Iowa with a one ton and 42 ft trailer. total weight just over 23000. He was given tickets for no log book, no cdl, over weight for the tag he had on the trailer, no medical certificate, and was held at a truck stop for eight hours before he could go on. the fines were just over $1000,00.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Haven't talked to Mike in over a year. His car, last time I stopped by, was rusting under a tarp, still on the trailer, with the same blown motor in it from 8 yrs ago???
Its a chevy product everyone, so don't get to excited.