Old 04-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I recently purchased an Ignitor(1) from a supplier and instaled it afew days ago. I followed the instructons to a tee and ___could not get it to work as advertised or read of ohers good results. At the same session I installed a new flame thrower coil and plug wires. After trying all the tech. tips and troubleshooting advice from the instructions, I had the same results-Very,very hard starting. I put the points and cond. back in and now it starts and runs fine. Any help you could give me? Am planning on returning it to them an asking for a refund and maybee try another system. Thanks for your time and sorry for the length of this. ctgross@webtv.net

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 04-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I recently purchased an Ignitor(1) from a supplier and instaled it afew days ago. I followed the instructons to a tee and ___could not get it to work as advertised or read of ohers good results. At the same session I installed a new flame thrower coil and plug wires. After trying all the tech. tips and troubleshooting advice from the instructions, I had the same results-Very,very hard starting. I put the points and cond. back in and now it starts and runs fine. Any help you could give me? Am planning on returning it to them an asking for a refund and maybee try another system. Thanks for your time and sorry for the length of this. ctgross@webtv.net

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 04-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

CT, I also did the ignitor set-up, and had a similar problem. I installed like instructed, went to start, nothing. Checked, and re-checked, finally called the company... I needed to change the arrangement of the black and red wires, attached to the ballast resistor. I don't have my car in my home garage, I could look tomorrow or Sat., and tell you where the wires go to. Definetely check the part #, to check that its for your applicaltion.
After the innitial problem, I couldn't have a better "somewhat stock" ignition! Its nice, not having to worry about points. I'll check back to see if you got an answer already, if not, I'll mail back to give info.
Good luck,
Adam

'67 Lemans Convertible...400, 4-spd, 3:23's
'67 Lemans HT...468, T-400, 9", currently being TUBBED!.....SELLING
'67 GTO HT...SOLD.............
'68 GTO Convertible...400, T-400, 12-bolt...SOLD.....
'70 R/A III Formula...Under Construction.....SOLD......
Old 04-07-2002, 01:23 PM

My experience was great on my stock 66 389-4V.
I had a problem, but it was my fault being a knuckelhead, I forgot to connect the black wire from the Pertronix ll .............duh.
I also replaced the coil and wires. Once I pulled my head out of my butt, I connected the black wire and it fired right up. And yes, my factory tach works too, I had heard some guys had problems with this. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2002, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some factory tachs will work and some will not, I am talking to a guy at the factory to see why this is so, when I find out more I will post the info.