Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:23 PM

Hi guys, I'm in some desperate need of some help finding a place to take my 68 GTO for repairs. I live in Philadelphia, Pa. I've currently got my car down at Black Tie Motors in NJ for some engine work and after reading some of the comments made in this forum about that place, it sounds like I just handed my goat over to the devil.

Please help me out here and point me to someone who knows their stuff about goats and isn't pure evil...

Sonny

Old 04-29-2004, 01:23 PM

Hi guys, I'm in some desperate need of some help finding a place to take my 68 GTO for repairs. I live in Philadelphia, Pa. I've currently got my car down at Black Tie Motors in NJ for some engine work and after reading some of the comments made in this forum about that place, it sounds like I just handed my goat over to the devil.

Please help me out here and point me to someone who knows their stuff about goats and isn't pure evil...

Sonny

Old 04-29-2004, 02:32 PM

Sonny:

I used to live in South Jersey and my mechanic was a high school buddy who opened his own shop in Hammonton. ARE Automotive if I recall correctly. Guy's name is Anthony and his brother's name is Eddie - they're in it together. Don't know if they're still in business - haven't seen him for 10 years - but he was the ONLY guy I trusted with my car - old or new. I miss my mechanic . . .

I had a '67 GTO hardtop and a '67 convertible LeMans - and I can give you the names of plenty of places that'll rip you off . . . ask me how I know?????

I've also heard not so good things about Black Tie . . .

Old 04-29-2004, 03:00 PM

Well hell Dan, if you know places around Philadelphia that I should stay away from? I'm all for hearing about that too. Becauase let me tell ya, having to worry now that my car is getting messed with by a guy with a questionable rep ain't bloody fun...

I wonder what Im gonna be walking in on when I go to pick her up tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:25 PM

I believe Paul Spotts is in your area.H e has an incredible reputation among Pontiac enthusiasts.By the way,get your car away from Black Tie.......

Old 04-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Senior Chief

You might want to also try to get ahold of Bob Humbrecht at Casual Restorations if ya need a hand. He's between Paul Spotts shop and Performance Year's. I'd trust Paul for motor work anytime. Bob is great with the other stuff!

Old 04-30-2004, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, does anyone have any contact info for Paul Spotts? I just got the car back from Black tie and its not running right and I'd like to actually have someone that knows what they are doing look at it.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott Rex is in Philly.

Rex racing

Old 04-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Senior Chief

Paul Spotts.....
http://www.spottsperformance.com/

Old 05-03-2004, 12:05 PM

Man, it just bloody loooks like Im out of luck here. I talked to Paul Spotts and the guys at Rex Racing, but both of them are swamped and have way too much serious engine stuff on their plate to even consider troubleshooting this stumble Im getting. Bob Humbrecht might be able to squeeze me in a month from now.

Big fun... Oh well. Thanks again guys

Old 05-04-2004, 04:53 AM
Senior Chief

Sonny
Contact Bob Humbrecht at Casual Restoration!!!
Not sure off the top of my head what his number is. Shelly Brown (69Fbird) on this site will have his numbers. He's been working on a frame off resto of my car and is great to deal with. If ya search on this site for "69Fbird" Shelly's web page will give ya the info ya need! Tell Bob I said I and ask him when He'll have an open bay for ya!

Old 05-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Senior Chief

it's tough this time of year to get someone....everyone is trying to get their car ready for racing or cruising!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 09:04 PM

A stumble?? Sounds like carb trouble. Easy fix. You need to email me on this one. Located 2 hrs north of phili in Scranton. Could be a few other things but a little bit more info would help. I also restore cars. Either way good luck.