Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe, I seriously doubt that Butler will ever release their aluminum block for public sale, for reasons I cannot go into on this board. Bob and Frank at AllPontiac do intend to release their own version of the IA-II in aluminum eventually. I suggest giving Bob a call at his main business, High Tech Machine, 804-794-8640...ask him about their plans for the aluminum block and get on the waiting list.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray Cox:
Brian it was a 5.50 in the 1/8 and I had some 5.0s in the 1/8 testing at BG Friday

ventura I agree the tire makes the differance! I might put some Ws on my car for norwalk. also in those classes you can run a second and third stage of nitrous so once you leave the line on the first stage, you can really pore the Hp to it

I disagree I think a pontiac can compeat when someone tries but there are only a few of us running the first stage of nitrous let alone a second or third

for the class above, <span class="ev_code_RED">I can take out 475 LBS</span> and run a second stage on a bigger tire!! yes I need to drop 6 tenths, but 475 lbs is a lot the tire is more then add the second stage, not to mention my car is geared for 1/4 mile not 1/8th <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ray, it is impressive that you run the numbers you do in that heavy of a car. But maybe you should get a nice 3000lb chassis to put that motor in. It would be even more impressive to me to see you whooping up on some of the Ford and Chevy guys. Plus, that might be good for all of us Pontiac guys when big name people like AFR see what Pontiacs are doing with some Performer RPM heads.lol Maybe some of these big name guys will think twice about making some heads and misc stuff for us. Go for it man, I believe you could be competitive. If I didn't think a Pontiac could be competitive I wouldn't own one.

Chop-Chop
Old 07-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chopper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray Cox:
Brian it was a 5.50 in the 1/8 and I had some 5.0s in the 1/8 testing at BG Friday

ventura I agree the tire makes the differance! I might put some Ws on my car for norwalk. also in those classes you can run a second and third stage of nitrous so once you leave the line on the first stage, you can really pore the Hp to it

I disagree I think a pontiac can compeat when someone tries but there are only a few of us running the first stage of nitrous let alone a second or third

for the class above, <span class="ev_code_RED">I can take out 475 LBS</span> and run a second stage on a bigger tire!! yes I need to drop 6 tenths, but 475 lbs is a lot the tire is more then add the second stage, not to mention my car is geared for 1/4 mile not 1/8th <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ray, it is impressive that you run the numbers you do in that heavy of a car. But maybe you should get a nice 3000lb chassis to put that motor in. It would be even more impressive to me to see you whooping up on some of the Ford and Chevy guys. Plus, that might be good for all of us Pontiac guys when big name people like AFR see what Pontiacs are doing with some Performer RPM heads.lol Maybe some of these big name guys will think twice about making some heads and misc stuff for us. Go for it man, I believe you could be competitive. If I didn't think a Pontiac could be competitive I wouldn't own one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can take 300 lbs out of my car today, the weight is added to be within the rules its based on cubic inches to weight I plan on selling this motor and building a smaller one soon so I can take the weight out the new motor will probably be between 380 cubic inch to 430 ci

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 07-07-2004, 01:24 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chopper:

Ray, it is impressive that you run the numbers you do in that heavy of a car. But maybe you should get a nice 3000lb chassis to put that motor in. It would be even more impressive to me to see you whooping up on some of the Ford and Chevy guys. Plus, that might be good for all of us Pontiac guys when big name people like AFR see what Pontiacs are doing with some Performer RPM heads.lol Maybe some of these big name guys will think twice about making some heads and misc stuff for us. Go for it man, I believe you could be competitive. If I didn't think a Pontiac could be competitive I wouldn't own one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can take 300 lbs out of my car today, the weight is added to be within the rules its based on cubic inches to weight I plan on selling this motor and building a smaller one soon so I can take the weight out the new motor will probably be between 380 cubic inch to 430 ci <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet!! Let me know how much you want for the old motor.

Chop-Chop