Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Senior Chief

I put this into the exhaust forum but no responses as of yet, and I am putting them in tomorrow for a friend so I would like some hints.

My main question is do you need to slide them in when setting the engine down, or can you put them in through the bottom since they are the kind that have the tubes that come apart and slip into the collector. These are the 2" round ports going into a 78 T/A.

I way trying to save time and not have to try and fight putting them in like on passenger side Hooker Super Comp.

Cass if you need to delete this, no problem too since it is double posted. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Senior Chief

I put this into the exhaust forum but no responses as of yet, and I am putting them in tomorrow for a friend so I would like some hints.

My main question is do you need to slide them in when setting the engine down, or can you put them in through the bottom since they are the kind that have the tubes that come apart and slip into the collector. These are the 2" round ports going into a 78 T/A.

I way trying to save time and not have to try and fight putting them in like on passenger side Hooker Super Comp.

Cass if you need to delete this, no problem too since it is double posted. Thanks.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

John I have no idea, you know I have never ran a 2 gen. anyway call me on the cell phone, I'll tell you how the car runs. hope you got the headers on. are they for thomas' car? anyway get ahold of me. had the scare of my life. call me!

Old 05-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I ran the Round port 2" Hedmans on my T/A.

Great fit and used the std oil filter housing and all. But I alway had the engine out with the headers lying in the bay. Even a one man operation.

I do recommned using the Powermaster Mini starter.

The only thing I had to do was notch the lower arms where they contact the down tubes, so they didn't cut into the tubes when the car goes.....Wheels up.

Build it fast, build it right, build a Pontiac.

http://PontiacDude.cc

Old 05-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Pdude; I didn't check that contact point on the arms.

We got them in I actually think they fit easier on the pass side than the Hooker supercomps. I hate that passenger one on those! These are very close to hitting the frame in 2 spots on the driver side, but I will just let it rattle them in where they need creases

Old 05-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm using the 1-7/8" Hedman's (with the adapter plate) for d-ports in my 79. I found the passenger side has to be put in place prior to lowering the engine in. The driver side can be put in from underneath (with the collector connected) with the engine mounted in the car and the starter removed.