The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 09-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rusty - just noticed you're in Faribault. If you want to consider having the work done, here's a couple possibilities.

1. I had the stainless moldings on my '61 Bonneville polished by Iverson Automotive / George Iverson at 14704 Karyl Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55435, telephone 800-325-0480. He's not particularly cheap but he's one of the best out there.

2. Another possibility is an ad I've seen in the Smoke Signals magazine for some Amish people down in Rushford (southeast of Rochester) that do stainless trim restoration. There's a mail address only: Ken Torgerud, Rt. 2, Box 116-C, Rushford, MN 55971

Old 09-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the article info. I can use this information as well.

It is good that war is so terrible, or else we may grow too fond of it.

Old 09-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Senior Chief

Stuart,

Thanks for those numbers, if I run into problems I'll look into them.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This process can be used on Aluminum as stated in an earlier post. BUT if the Aluminum was anodized from the factory you have to get the anodizing off before polishing it. To remove anodizing all you need is some oven cleaner. Easy-Off or the like ...Spray your trim down and scrub it back off..USE GLOVES OUTSIDE !!!