Old 02-07-2004, 01:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to oxfordsteve

I have an original judge that was missing the spoiler when I got it. I bought a new repro from PY and it looks great. The problem is that the holes in the spoiler pedestals don't match the holes in the deck lid. I put the top screws through the original holes and it looks like the spoiler sits too far forward. Has anyone has a similar problem? I don't want to drill a bunch of new holes in the lid and there doesn't appear to be enough room to drill new holes in the spoiler. PY said it is a known problem and I am the only one they know putting a repro on a real judge. Anyone got any suggestions?

Old 02-07-2004, 01:41 PM

I have an original judge that was missing the spoiler when I got it. I bought a new repro from PY and it looks great. The problem is that the holes in the spoiler pedestals don't match the holes in the deck lid. I put the top screws through the original holes and it looks like the spoiler sits too far forward. Has anyone has a similar problem? I don't want to drill a bunch of new holes in the lid and there doesn't appear to be enough room to drill new holes in the spoiler. PY said it is a known problem and I am the only one they know putting a repro on a real judge. Anyone got any suggestions?

Old 02-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Only one hole in the pedestal needed to be retapped, because it was out of place. The rest lined up perfectly.

I installed on a '69 hardtop. All the trunklids have the factory stamped holes in the substructure to access the nuts that hold the spoiler to the decklid.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:01 PM

My holes were over 1 inch too narrow on one pedestal and 3/4 inch on the other. I thought about redrilling the pedestals but was afraid the holes would be to close to the edge. By the way, all 69 deck lids do not have the holes pre- stamped. I have owned five of these cars and two of my 69s had a totally different bracing structure altogether, and were both early cars. I suspect that there were two versions of the 69 deck lid, the later having the pre-stamped holes to accomodate judge spoilers. At any rate I had heard all of the accolades these new spoilers have been given and I agree-right up to the point where they won't fit a real Judge.

Old 02-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Senior Chief

What are the dimensions on your decklid holes? I have an unused repo spoiler and can check if they are different. I need to drill holes so the spacing isn't as important to me. Mike

Old 04-23-2004, 09:46 AM

Thanks, Mike. Sorry it took so long to reply. My body man is reworking the pedestals so they will line up with the original holes. Also we are doing away with the screws and inserts and putting back correct studs and nuts.