Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i've been going over options for installing a tach in the bird and found that the most feasible method looks to be pulling out the entire cluster and replacing the speedo, tach and fuel gauges with new ones (autometer pro comps 5-inchers--faces look a lot like stock, the speedo is offered as 160 or 200 mph.) anyway, the bezel is going to need to have the holes enlarged, but it's not the original, so no bother there. but i have a question re. the flasher lights. i don't have my cluster out and cant recall if the bulbs are wire-fed at socket bases and inserted into the back of the cluster, or if they take their feeds from the printed circuit. the former will make life easy, the latter not so. (i think it's the latter) anyone recall how they get their supply or have a cluster handy they could take a peek at? thanks.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i've been going over options for installing a tach in the bird and found that the most feasible method looks to be pulling out the entire cluster and replacing the speedo, tach and fuel gauges with new ones (autometer pro comps 5-inchers--faces look a lot like stock, the speedo is offered as 160 or 200 mph.) anyway, the bezel is going to need to have the holes enlarged, but it's not the original, so no bother there. but i have a question re. the flasher lights. i don't have my cluster out and cant recall if the bulbs are wire-fed at socket bases and inserted into the back of the cluster, or if they take their feeds from the printed circuit. the former will make life easy, the latter not so. (i think it's the latter) anyone recall how they get their supply or have a cluster handy they could take a peek at? thanks.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Senior Chief

IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE FLASHER AND TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS YES THEY ARE POWER FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD

Old 03-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks, that's what i thought. i'll just have to pull a supply from the plug that goes into the circuit board and hit radio shack for a few bulb housings that will work.