THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2024, 01:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question RockAuto vs Partsgeek, Any preferences?

Hey all, I was just looking at prices for shocks and I had a prompt come up in my search for a comparative part number at Partsgeek.com, which I never heard of.
NHO because I rarely order parts online anyway. Just looking for the benefit of my cousin who needs some rear shocks on her 2016 Ford Escape.

Anyway, the prices on Partsgeek are considerably less than RockAuto. Some come with free shipping. I realize that means Ground but the wait isn't that urgent for the moment. Also, big break in pricing when you buy pairs, which are NOT offered on RockAuto.

Anyone have feedback on the service; warranties, returns, part accuracy, quality, etc. ?
I think in the case of shocks, it should be cut & dried what will fit her vehicle, so that shouldn't be a problem. But I see that some shocks come with the upper mounting bracket and some do not. I'm assuming I'd have to re-use the OEM brackets in the case of the latter. I already test loosened the nuts that connect the bracket to the body. Would I need a 'Thru-Socket' to remove the top nut from the old piston?